Helix???

my guess is a 52/40. to find out for sure, just press out the bushing, as the helix angle will be engraved on the wall of the hole. then, just put some green loctite on the bushing OD and press it back in, to continue using. also, if you take the bushing out to find out the angle, could you please post back as to the angle, as i have a thread going on helix angles, that i would like to add this one to the list. thanks.

ok i did press out the bushing and its a 50-4? i can't make out the last number it may be a 6 but not sure at all, how tight are those bushing supposed to be? because it was loose i can press it back in with my finger.

dupper said:
ok i did press out the bushing and its a 50-4? i can't make out the last number it may be a 6 but not sure at all, how tight are those bushing supposed to be? because it was loose i can press it back in with my finger.

what if you take a scoth brite pad and clean up the engraving, to read the last digit a little better? also, it should be more of a press, than just by hand. if you put green loctite on the outside of the bushing, and let it sit overnight, it should hold it in place just fine.

can you post a pic of the engraving? maybe i can take a look and figure out what it says??

It was forsure engraved by hand, i did try to clean it up 4 people said it looks like a six but is there such a thing as 50-46???

it could very well be a 50-46. dalton makes one. companies can make whatever angles they want. well, i'm going to add your helix to my thread and post it as a 50/46??

Back