Clutch set-up question

SpiderViper

Hey guys I have a 99 SRX my brother has a 98 SRX and my Dad has an 01 SRX. So needless to say there is a little family rivalry going on lol So lets get right to it Last weekend my brother and I raced we are both the same height and weight 6'5 at around 280 lbs I had a clutch setup containing a white spring and a 60 degree wrap and he killed me by at least 3 sleds in the mid range then it was dead even to 105 or so. Then I wrapped mine to 110 degrees and caught the 3 sleds and put a sled on him and kept it up to 115 (he has a 100 degree wrap) I was wondering why I saw this change. All of the good setups say to run a 60-70 degree wrap so it seemed to be a little against logic that this worked.
Thanks for your time and input,
Chris

Keep 60*70* wrap you will be more impressed... the more wrap the faster the takeoff... the less wrap the better the mid and top They must be hiding something!

Maybe you where underreving and now are in the sweet spot. What where the conditions like was it loose snow? also how old is your spring? what helix and spring are you using , hauck requires more twist

Last edited:
YOU INCRESED SECONDARY TWIST AND BROUGHT RPM UP. PROBLEY RIGHT AROUND 8350 WHICH WAS THE SWEET SPOT ON THE 98. BEEN THERE DONE THAT. 3:16 (yammie tony)

So should I leave it or would I be faster with the 60* wrap at the end of the track. At the end of the track it seemed to run out of steam. The rest of the is stock other than the spring WWW and the 110 wrap.
Thanks,
Chris

What rpm's are you running? When you first hit it out of the hole, and if you are cruising along and hit it?

Back