sled pro clutch tool

i have the same tool and i took out the top pin that would hit the chassis when trying to drop the tool down to check offset and center to center. you don't really need that top pin that hits the chassis. no need to notch this or that. just take that center pin off the tool. simple. also, mine doesn't have washers behind any of the 2 remaining pins and both pins are the same length. i slide the tool onto the jackshaft, till it butts up against the jackshaft bearing, then drop the tool down to get center to center, and then shift engine till the back of those 2 pins, are flush w/the back of the fixed sheave. its always worked for me. no belt wear issues, or weird belt slip marks on the primary or secondary. hope this helps.

is the reason you have no washers under the pins because of the torque limiter on the SRX's.For what I have read,it is needed to be done with the washers to twist it a bit,then under acceleration ..motor will twist it back and align the clutches up..glad to hear it works for you with out the washers.I noticed my frame for the middle pin...even though pin did nothing for me during alignment.....thanks

blue i took the washers out from mine as well. and i also ended up taking the top pin off instead of notching the frame. with the washers in i set mine then compared it with my cb performance tool and it was way off. i then took the washers out and compared the two, right on

I adjusted my clutches today with the tool,left the front washer in.Turns out the torque limiter mounting holes had to be opened up a little more.It wouldn't allow the motor to move ahead once the bolts were tightened.Now the c to c is dead on and limiter is torqued down good. Since I was off with everything ,I had to add a 1mm washer in addition to the .5mm washer in the back of the secondary to get belt top to climb back up.Everything was a mess..hopefully this was what was screwing up the SRX performance..belt slipping and not running true...will test in a few days once this cold snap of weather leaves us..-40 ish tonight and cold tomorrow also.... #$%&* Lots of new snow anyways and that is good news now.

never ever had a problem using the tool with that washer behind anyways.My belts have not shredded or delaminated because of it.My only issue this time around was the center to center was off..got that set now and still lined up the 2 outside pins and good to go,Will let you know if the sled performs way better because of the issue..

Back