Heel Clicker (Need Help)

charles

I posted a couple of weeks ago on set up for heel clicker (40-10y kit) set up. Had 26 replys but never realy got an answer. The reason I bought the kit is at top end I'm reving 9200 RPM 115 MPH hard pack (2002 stock Viper) I would like to get the RPM down to 8400 to 8600 but I don't want to lose the top end and keep engagement stock. 75% of my riding is lake. The grey spring in the kit that they recomend is 2" longer than stock spring is this normal. Could really use some help with this set up. Sure would like to get it right the the first time.

Thanks Charles

Like the post above,add tip weight will bring the rpms down,you wont loose top end adding tip weight,if any thing you will gain top end.-Harvey

heelclicker springs are longer than the stock ones. do a search on setups for srx's with heelclickers. alot of guys run the red spring with a yamaha green in secondary. have fun getting clutch cover back on with those springs.

Did you get the Helix that Randy recomended? I ran the 40-10s with the 46/36 helix in my 02 Viper and the engagement was a little higher than stock. I ran it exactly the way Randy set it up. It never went over 8500. I did gain in the mid range, but probably lost 5 mph on top end. The only other draw back was with their spring. I ride pretty high mileage and after one year the spring was wearing into the spider and the cover plate, so I took them out. Hope this answers your questions

If you want to keep the engagement down, add weight to the heel part. this also puts more force on the belt and prevents it slipping in the primary at higher speeds. to keep it from slipping in the secondary go with a slightly heavier secondary spring (green) and or go with a helix with less of an angle on it. to keep top end up, don't put any weight in the middle hole and just load up the tip. to answere your question about the grey spring, yes thats normal. to install the spring, take the primary off and use a really long bolt and put large washers on the head of the bolt, feed the bolt through the centre of the primary clutch, the place your spring in the clutch, then the cover, then add a washer to the bolt, and add the nut, tighten until the cover is close enough so you can start the cover bolts. make sure the match marks on the cover line up.

as for specific weights for the viper, i'm not sure as i've only played around with the 700srx's.

Last edited:
Thanks everyone for the responses got more answers to my questions this time. Dmaxx my secondary is all stock but I think I will go with green in secondary. I guess no matter what I'm going to have to play with wieghts.

Thanks Charles

I dont know if anybody has the same problem as with me. I have the red as a primary and the green as the secondary and the drive belt squeks terrible, but only on low speeds 5 mph or lower? Any suggestions?

charles i have a 2000 srx with the same kit in it as you, i went with the maxximum white spring to keep top end

Back