my 03 viper vs 03 800 renegade??

03viperguy

you think I stand a chance? I figure the longer and taller track is better out of the hole but would kill the top end. opinions? his is all stock. just curious, not looking like I will try it anytime soon (no snow)

I think you will beat him, especially if you're clutched good. those 03's aren't very fast, get up into the 07 & up, those are strong.

I think he would be geared lower aswell, with that longer track, so that's more of a +. Won't know until you try.

good thought guys, thanks. I know my top end should be better though, long legs of the tripple :)

you'll have no problems. Just do it on a longer stretch so its more of a chance his crank will be shot! Those 03's were known to lose cranks all the time. You should beat him anyways, they are not overly fast sleds as it is, doo's 700 shorties eat the 800 renegade for lunch

its funny, he sold his 02 700 to get the gade. he says it is a lot faster but I think it has to do with the carbs were real dirty on the 700, his rave was stuck, and the chaincase oil was thick like sludge. he sold it to my cousin so I know what it is like now. actually it is my father in law that had it and bought it from my cousin originally and my cousin really wanted it back lol! guess I will have to see :)

Back