Transfer question??

Concept Carbon

So my sled has amazing transfer with my edge, from a stop if I pin it the skis stand up about 18" or more with no track spin and slowly come down and stay with my tips about 12" in the air with the trailing edge just skimming the ground. They stay this way till I top out 110mph and then hit the ground as it slowly creeps up to higher.

My question is would I be quicker to have them come down earlyier?

Would like to get some of the drag guys opinions.

I was told you want to go foward, not up
so if it was me I would be looking to get the skis down
lift like 6" on take off and then settle down
if your going to drag race you should tie down the suspension if allowed

Concept Carbon said:
So my sled has amazing transfer with my edge, from a stop if I pin it the skis stand up about 18" or more with no track spin and slowly come down and stay with my tips about 12" in the air with the trailing edge just skimming the ground. They stay this way till I top out 110mph and then hit the ground as it slowly creeps up to higher.

My question is would I be quicker to have them come down earlyier?

Would like to get some of the drag guys opinions.

i think u start to missmatch plane and snowmobile carbon lolll only plane wanna go up :letitsnow ..doesnt give a good handling went the ski point the sky

just me but if i wasnt loosing any traction or having problems steering and keeping in a straight line - i would leave it. plus its prety intimidating to alot of others to see them skis up...lol mine is the same way, gotta love it.

The differance is what you doing with the sled .No you are not as fast as a setup drag sled but you are trail rideing with a sled that hooks up hard and you can drive down a trail with it.Shure if you are on a lake the transfer will drop some mph on top but from what i have found they might be able to pass you but they have to catch you first.

My warrior got faster when i turned the transfer down some in my pro x. pulls the skis about 5 inches now and pulls way harder throughout the power band, and is way more trailable. Maxdlx

I like the hard hook up, I ussually end up jumping a good sled length out of the hole ahead people give up in a hurry if your already out of site lol.

Im going to try and tightin up my front shocks , to limit some of the transfer. Or I may just leave it as is and sit on the gastank which helps alot.

modsrx said:
i think u start to missmatch plane and snowmobile carbon lolll only plane wanna go up :letitsnow ..doesnt give a good handling went the ski point the sky
lol true kind of sucks at night you cant see in front of you. :bump:

Hey, hows it going? Working on that tunnel yet? If you go on diptube and watch all the champion and world record speed runs most of the skis are just dancing off of the snow. Just barely floating, I think you have to find a balance between breaking traction and wasting energy to pick the sled up instead of moving it forward for the fastest time. The energy/power has to go somewhere for a reaction. Less lift more speed, too little lift, loss of weight on track and spin.

Back