Viper won't idle

jon123

I'm getting ready to head up to Moosehead for my annual boys trip and my 02 Viper will not idle. I have not run it since last year and I assumed it was gummed carbs and old fuel. Carbs are clean, drained and replaced the fuel, and it still runs crappy and will stall at idle. Half choke it will idle but a little rough. I ran it hot last year under icy trail conditions and had to keep packing my footboards with snow to get through the trip, but it ran fine the next day. Did I overheat something and now I'm sucking air and leaning out? Any input would be much appreciated!

Thanks,
Jon

Clean again. Did you pull the mains and the piolts? clean all circuits. Make sure you get the boots on tight on the carbs. take the top of the air box off to get them on right!!!!!!!!!!!!!! sounds if the piolts are still bad

I had to clean my Viper carbs, run it for awhile, then clean them again this year. Had to do my other sled twice as well. I think there was still junk floating around in the lines.

you missed something,pilots are still dirty,blow out with carb cleaner then shop air,held up to the light you want to see day light through them.

jon have you looked into the trail conditions, i haven't looked at moosehead in particular but we really don't have any snow left here from the big rain storm a couple weeks ago

It's fixed

Thank you for all the help! The pilot jets were clogged solid. Cleaned them and it's like a brand new sled!

Thanks again,
Jon

jon123 said:
Thank you for all the help! The pilot jets were clogged solid. Cleaned them and it's like a brand new sled!

Thanks again,
Jon
Pilots have tiny tiny holes very easy to plug,glad you got it running.

Back