What year SRX Is considered the best?

Donkey1

Just wanted some input from the great Yamaha minds, what year SRX is considered the best one to have? Thanks.

most consider the 2001 the best, but I have a 99' and a 00' and although the 99 is a race sled now when it was in trail form it was just as good as my buddies 01'. although I am waiting to hear back about a good deal on an 01 so I may have another opinion by the end of the weekend.lol.

I am looking at an 02 now to buy and was wondering id the DCS is something that really helps out, is that the only difference between the 01 and 02?

1998- DEVIL IN THE BLUE DRESS
1999 - YAMAHA THREE YEAR WARRANTIE
2000 - MORE HP
2001 - SHOOTOUT ET CHAMP
2002 - DCS (last srx).
I LOVE THEM ALL. 3:16 (yammie tony)

00-02 are the same sleds, in 01 they richened the jetting from 00, in 02 they added the dcs and went back to the leaner 00 jetting. if you get the 02 go to the 01 jetting it will help keep the dcs off and you'll have the extra protection of the dcs

2002 SRX are a little more rare, at least in Canada they are.

If its in good condition, buy it. DCS is really good, saves your motor. I have a 2001 and I wish I had DCS.

I always thought the 81 SRX was the coolest in the day. I know it had alot of problems. I think maybe the most valuable would be the 500 SRX. Al

Sleigher said:
2002 SRX are a little more rare, at least in Canada they are.

If its in good condition, buy it. DCS is really good, saves your motor. I have a 2001 and I wish I had DCS.

You can convert it to a dcs sled.

00-02 are the best,if i had my choice when buying mine i would have bought an 2002 over my '01 ONLY reason for the DCS,very very good feature,worth holding out for,HP wise it's the same hold on to your @ss sled.

norwegian said:
You can convert it to a dcs sled.
it would be too much trouble,easer to find a '02

I bought a 00 SRX and have almost 13,000 miles on it. It is the BEST sled I have owned over my 30 years of sledding. I bought a second 00 SRX which I am rebuilding. As soon as that project is done I am going to buy another 00 - 02 SRX. My goal is to have 4 00 -02 SRX's, one for me and my 3 sons to ride. My 00 SRX never let me down once on some very long trips and is still a blast to ride. Once I have all the sleds done, I am going to add power steering and power brakes to all of them (like hell).

YAMMIEGOD3:16 said:
RYAN, I AM GOING OUT ON THE LINE AND SAY HE DID NOT MEAN 1977. lol. 3:16 (yammie tony)

You sure, Tony? He never mentioned year. The ride was almost as good on the '77, and it was probably better in the snow. :)

Back