Oil Pump

jesseSRX

Does anyone have specs on what the oil pump should be set on for a 2001 SRX 700. Just put a used motor in - ran it up and down the field a few times and the plugs look to be somewhat grey and very dry. I am currently burning Amsoil interceptor oil. (not sure if that makes a difference)

jesseSRX said:
Does anyone have specs on what the oil pump should be set on for a 2001 SRX 700. Just put a used motor in - ran it up and down the field a few times and the plugs look to be somewhat grey and very dry. I am currently burning Amsoil interceptor oil. (not sure if that makes a difference)
20-22mm,,, try 22

Thanks Daman! the motor has 8000 mi on it - I would rather be safe than sorry. I am also going to start burning Yamalube again. (Only because i have a bunch left over)

jesseSRX said:
Thanks Daman! the motor has 8000 mi on it - I would rather be safe than sorry. I am also going to start burning Yamalube again. (Only because i have a bunch left over)
seems 20 is always ritch for me so ive been using 22,post back, 1 qt to a tank.

So 20 mm would be adding more oil to the fuel? This sled has been a nightmare ...At this point I would rather be safe than sorry.

Never buy a sled with bender racing stickers all over it and no clue what mods have been done to it!

I did not bleed the pump. I am going to put oil in the first tank of gas to be safe. Thanks everyone for all the info! ...very helpful!

jesseSRX said:
I did not bleed the pump. I am going to put oil in the first tank of gas to be safe. Thanks everyone for all the info! ...very helpful!
bleed the pump through the bleed port tho

Not bleeding it will air bound I know from experance. Lost crank.

jesseSRX said:
Just put a used motor in - ran it up and down the field a few times and the plugs look to be somewhat grey and very dry.

IMO:

Check your jetting + ensure those carbs are clean.

On plugs...grey is never a good colour and usually is an indication of an overly lean fuel mixture condition.

Back