The Best Track

Why?

Why would the ripsaw take more to turn it? What is "more top end"? Going with a ripsaw unstudded every 3rd window clipped. I can only look at rotating mass and say if the sled can get it rolling, Ka Bang baby. Agressive or not.

first of all, the ripsaw is slightly heavier then other camoplast track but the main reason why it takes so much top end speed out of your sled is because it has a aggressive lug pattern with semi tall lug making it very vulnerable to air getting caught up under the tunnel and slowing the sled down a ton at top speep.

I don't stud, so my choice was the 9818 1.25" and I have nothing bud good to say about it. It hooks up great, but yes it did take some top end off as expected. Maybe the Ripsaw is better , but I don't plan on spending the coin to switch to it.

It only weighs 1.5 pounds more than my 121" Yokohama. Removed the all tunnel protectors just to get it to clear. This tends to make me think there will be not much room for air to be swirling in the tunnel. It is only 1 1/4". the 121" Yoko had 168 studs. I think it will be equal or better on top end. We'll see soon enough.

count on it being slower as I know of 2 SRXs that put them on last year,a 98 and a 02,they both lost top end,too much turbulance in the tunnel.They ride on the lake a lot,they like top speed.the track is great in deep snow but if your looking for every bit of top speed you can get I dont think it is the way to go.Both guys pulled theres and put on a 9830.It all depends on your riding style.-Harvey

hey koodat, even though you think not much air will get under there, air manages to get everywhere. Those ripsaw act like a fan cause the lugs just grab all of the air they can. I would assume that it would be slower.

time to drill some holes in the tunnel to let the air out! ;):D Initial testing of my rip saw over the stock .920 yoko hasn't showed no loss of speed yet on my field but I can get to about 85mph before I have to let off with both tracks. The real test will be out on the lake this winter, stock yoko let me hit 107mph on the speedo after a 1 mile run on hardpack (exactly 100mph on radar), I don't think It will be able to get that fast with the Ripsaw though but I don't play on the lakes often at WOT.

ya,you wont notice the loss till you reach top speed,with most people it wont make a difference if you are not looking for extreme top end-Harvey

Only speed run I will be doing is side by side with my buddies F-7, 800 rev, and 03 RX-1. Only need to beat them not the radar gun. Still do not see this track making that much more turbulance over an 1 1/4" paddle or cone track.

Back