need help!!!!!!!!!

Mr.fisher

k here's my problem got a 1998 srx 700 and the track is rubbing on something and i can feel it holding back and robbing power, when i slow down i can feel it viberate and hear it and when i put it on the stand i also hear it but can't find nothing wrong. I check the track tension and it's fine just under an inch on 22 pounds of force between the rails and track. Also i've blown 2 belts in under 100 kms. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated thanks

check to be sure thefront w arm isn't broken. also if on of the big top wheels looses the bearing thetrack drags on the shock mount Maxdlx

Well you got a 12 year old sled so it could be one or alot of things.Loosen the adjusters off and try rotateing the track by hand.take the belt off and turn the secondary by hand.Problems could be jack shaft bearings.brake stuck on,driveshaft bearings,front shock in skid has blown a mount and is rubbing on track.wheels siezed up.My first quess is the spedo bearing has chewed itself up and is makeing the cogs ride up on the track grips.

I'll second the speedo side bearing. Definitely rotate by hand, you'll find it. Walk it back and forth when it binds up and look closely.

I also suspect your issue is bearing related because of the Belt issue but here's a few other possible causes for track noise:

- if the front limiter straps are broken the front of the rails can hang down too much + they will vibrate on the track clips.
- too long of slide rails at the back after new ones installed
- too tight of track tension
- damaged shock mounts
- slide rail bent at front of track so its contacting lugs + clips
- damaged track
- broken front drive shaft
- did you install new 9 tooth extroverts? they will hit W at the cross shaft on the SXs + SRXs and possibly hit the rail tips as well

JM.02c

Last edited:

Back