screwed up rail

the tree man

Had a hyfax slide backwards on the rail (hit a major rock and I think that broke the locating screw) and by the time I got back to the truck the rail was worn off.Needs replacement.Are both sides the same and can it be replaced without removing the entire skid?Are the rails from all pro-action skids the same?Everthing else is OK.Thanks.

The rails are side dependent I put a left side one on the right as a temp measure because that's all I had. I had to drill rivets in tensioner mount and grind out where the limiter strap rod mounts in the front making it weak. I did use it for a couple weeks like that. I believe all the pro-actions are the same. If you've got air tools it's pretty easy to change right on the sled, just loosen rear shaft and tensioners before you unbolt it.

i just did a rail 2 weeks ago ...and i belive i used a left rail on the right side and it bolted rite up ..i think proaction rails are the same no left and right ...i didnt drop the skid wasnt too bad but getting the bolt holes to line back up was a pain ...next time i think i will at least drop the 4 rear skid bolts ....if not the whole skid

They are not the same. The tensioner bracket is either on the right or left side as they are both inside the rails when assembled. I don't know about vmax but viper and srx rails are the same.

I've got a 02 viper rail in my 98 SRX right side. Looks identical to me, I bought it from a guy parting out a viper in Barnstead NH off of craigslist. Maybe the 00-02 rails are different?

Back