dcs ?

stealther27

So last night me and some friends did some local river running after some nice long runs during which I took down a 09 f8!! After that while cruising at a decent pace I noticed my dcs light flash two different times. Could this have been from bad gas? I use seafoam as an additive. Also while making a pitstop I glanced at my track an noticed my left side transfer rod decided to unbolt itself ugh! So i ended up ziptying it, has anyone else had this happen? Also guys I would appreciate your insight about the dcs light. Thanks Ryan

like bob said.....and

No additives!!!!!!

DCS is on because your running shit fuel,is the sled stock? pipes?

find better octane.

thanks daman that makes sense cause when I filled my tank up it was at a different gas station than I normally do and do remember from awhile ago people having trouble with there sleds when using that fuel. Also why do you say no additives I thought with 2 strokes it is okay to use stuff do to there being moisture,etc, in gas?

when using fresh gas on a regular bases its not needed,if your storing sure then it's fine.

when it comes to sleds just use good octane fuel thats all you need,oct boost is ok tho.

seafoam,stabil etc thats more on the lines of storage/cleaning for fuel but if one is keeping his carbs up you shouldn't need that crutch. some of that stuff contains alcohol thats not good for 2 strokes.

sounds good I appreciate your valuable info, I will also be doing some reading up on dcs on this site. Also daman I got another ? I got that 8dn-20 setup from you and I wanted to pick your brain on a few things. So I got those stock weights 4.5 gram rivets both holes, 54/44 helix, y-s-y primary, and green secondary spring. First off I had it wrapped at 80 and it had midrange bog so put it 60 and corrected it. I got 192 studs and when river riding my sled would engage at about 4grand and it pulls pretty good to about 7900,8grand. My dream meter was reading about 105,110 and was still gaining but my revs were not were there supposed to be. The magic # is 8100 pulling to 8300, any ideas?

yea I did but that was just doing trail riding, so u think for doing wot riding I should try the 70 wrap and see if that will increases my rpms?

well with that set up the usual recommendation is 70 to start, what were your rpms at 60? thats allot of studs too to be turning.

whats your weight? what was r's at 70? need to know,pv's clean and adjusted?

at 60 wrap my r's were at about 7900-8, pv's and carbs were both cleaned at beginning of season. And I was running 144 studs before and couldnt get good launch now 192 with transfer rods has helped, plus most guys on this site recommended nothing less than 144 for pull throughs,etc. I weight about 175 with gear on, Ive seen some people use w-w-w spring would this lower my enagagement though?

stealther27 said:
at 60 wrap my r's were at about 7900-8, pv's and carbs were both cleaned at beginning of season. And I was running 144 studs before and couldnt get good launch now 192 with transfer rods has helped, plus most guys on this site recommended nothing less than 144 for pull throughs,etc. I weight about 175 with gear on, Ive seen some people use w-w-w spring would this lower my enagagement though?
no it would raise engagment,try a few runs at 70 if rs are still on the low side may need a gram washer added.

alrighty were supposed to get some snow around my area tomorrow so I will give that a try I really appreciate your help thanks again!!

Back