Give me info on an 02 Viper

Donkey1

Hey guys, I was looking to buy an SRX 700 because I had owned an 01 SRX 700, but now I came across this 02 Viper 700 and can steal it for 2k, I have never ridden a viper can you guys tell me do they ride good, do they have a lot of power? whats your overall opinion on them? Thanks.

I dont so much mind as im learning to dial mine in but alot of guys dont like the suspension. Stock they will not beat a SRX but have plenty of power. I have one stock and one piped. Clutching helps out a lot. Do some searches and read away. I love my vipers but have never owned a srx. 2K is a good price. How many miles, ect....

My first 700 was a Viper, I love the sled, I originally drew the opinion that the suspension was lacking (but I also wanted to go 136", it was cheaper to install a different suspension than buy 136" rails), the Viper has more travel than an SRX, which slows them down a little, but makes it easier to tune the suspension in on. I also like to tinker with my sleds, there isnt a whole lot to do to the SRX out of the box besides clutching or porting, and its already a known 'great runner', I like to have a bit more of a sleeper. The Viper has a lot of potential, I had my Viper ported this winter and am installing SRX pipes on it. Should be good for 155 or so HP, should get some people's attention, "I just got beat by a 120hp sled"...

I then bought a 98 SRX, the SRX has more power, but I dont like the single headlight and the hand/thumb warmer controls together. An 00-02 SRX would solve that for you though. The SRX has very limited travel in the suspension, does that mean you cannot get it to ride as well as a Viper? No, but you have a lot less suspension travel to work with so you have to do a bit more work to get it to react the way you want it to.

Both of my sleds are apart in the shop now, I could put either back together to finish off the season, I am choosing to put the Viper together. Between styling and rider comfort, I like it better than my 98 SRX, might be a little different if I had an 00-02, but I dont so I dont have an opinion on that.

Back