Front ohlins on my viper s

super1c

Super Moderator
Iv'e got the back skid dialed in. No fishtaling in corners, handles great. Last suspension su question. My front shocks (ohlins) are set for max preload. As i understand it spring is as short as can be for max ride hight. The dampening is set 7 clicks out from max. The front seems a little stiff now that the backend is su right. Do i reduce the front spring load to helf it sit down a little or continue to let out on the dampening.

super1c said:
Iv'e got the back skid dialed in. No fishtaling in corners, handles great. Last suspension su question. My front shocks (ohlins) are set for max preload. As i understand it spring is as short as can be for max ride hight. The dampening is set 7 clicks out from max. The front seems a little stiff now that the backend is su right. Do i reduce the front spring load to helf it sit down a little or continue to let out on the dampening.
IMO your front end is way too stiff, you are gonna have no ride quality and it will deflect off of bumps instead of absorbing them. I had my skid setup super stiff cause I wanted a taller ride height too and my back was screaming after a 25 km run. I softened it down to half and hardly lost any height, but I now have a ride thats pretty good in the trail bumps. Setup your suspension for the riding you do most, if its trail riding mostly then soften up your spring preload on the front end.

Back