Yamaha Extended Warranty... is worth it?

Automed

I just bought a 2003 sxViper Mountain it's in great shape (450km) but it is used and history of it is unknown. Like was the speedo removed or disconnected? It's had the PTO side trailing arm replaced, and one air scoop replaced?? Maybe something else is wrong. I have warranty till Jan 19 2005 but we still haven't had enough snow to go for a ride. Compression is MAG 125, CTR 125, PTO 115.

Extended warranty from Yamaha is $1000CD for two years.

What do you all think is it worth it?? I really need your opinions.

Thanks

Attachments

• post-13639-1101440434_thumb[1].jpg
    post-13639-1101440434_thumb[1].jpg
    11.7 KB · Views: 132
Last edited:

Check with some dealers. In the U.S. the dealer has a cost on the warrenty and then can charge what ever they want to the consumer. I got a 4 year extended on my RX1 from my dealer for $450 US when Yamaha wanted $877 for 3 years

i had a 97sx and put 3800 miles on it and never broke down once!!! your call, but i'd say your crazy if you did.

i remember when they gave you 3yrs. my 98sx track went to hell after 1200miles it fell apart with alot of help from my dealer i got 100.00$ from yamaha toward a new track which they said isnt covered under warranty if picked so i cant say either way if i would pay for a warranty.i went with a camo track and have over 6000 miles on the sx never broke down knock on wood

Personally I wouldn't take an extended warranty on a sled. You will find that alot of those described warrantys have a lot of loop holes anyway. However is you are driving one of them there arctic cats. You might want it. Ha Ha

extended warranty

I put 12,000 miles on my SXR in three years. The only thing ever replaced was the W arm right before my warranty expired.

The best advice is to put the money you'd spend on the warranty in a bank account and chances are, you'll never deplete that amount on required parts or labor over the period of time the warranty is in effect.

Jon

My previous sled was a 1996 Polaris XLT Special and when I bought it it was super clean and had only 1200miles on it...

100 miles later the PTO bearings exploded and took out the PTO piston & head. $2000 later and 600miles later it did it again. Semmed that everytime I loked at the darn thing it would cough up another piston or bearing. Oh yeah IT WAS STOCK. Sold the sled and bought the sxViper still a little paranoid about my bad luck. I wish I could of got the warraty for the Polaris!

That's why I'm NEVER going to ride Polaris again.

Automed said:
My previous sled was a 1996 Polaris XLT Special and when I bought it it was super clean and had only 1200miles on it...

100 miles later the PTO bearings exploded and took out the PTO piston & head. $2000 later and 600miles later it did it again. Semmed that everytime I loked at the darn thing it would cough up another piston or bearing. Oh yeah IT WAS STOCK. Sold the sled and bought the sxViper still a little paranoid about my bad luck. I wish I could of got the warraty for the Polaris!

That's why I'm NEVER going to ride Polaris again.
So how's your 03 Viper?

Back