New 2003 Viper ER questions????

SXludser

Hey fellas.... Just picked up a New Viper ER ('03)..... I was noticing people commenting about needing torque limiters, leaking water pumps, maybe needing to add rear heat exchanger...... ????? I already have a '97sx (700) that has been faultless for years and so was the '97sx (600) I just sold in order to pick up the Viper..... I'm now getting the feeling I'm going to have a bunch of issues that need fixing?......What's the low down ? Do I have work to do, or can I just ride this thing?.... Thanks for any insight.

ya im with mr sled. most of the add ons in here are put on for a reason. example: cooler is put on if sled is over heating without it. most of the things you mentioned are done for the personal preferance of the rider only after they have ridden the sled. so go ride it first before you decide you need mods or addons. ;)!

I have an '03 Viper that I rode a quite a bit, just as it came from the factory. The only time the temp light came on was when I was driving down the road sides for an extended period of time and there was little or no snow. A friend of mine has an SRX and his light didn't come on, but mine did. Driving up the road bank into the snow made the light go off almost instantly. I just put the rear exchanger and protectors on it just to be safe. If you always dirve in snow then you don't need it.

The motor has not leaked a drop of anything yet, nor have I heard of the leaking problem from anyone else.

Ride it, you'll like it!

I also have a 03 viper the only issue I had was the fuel pump frose up, fixed by the end of the day and riding that night. I love the sled the ride is great and the preformance is just right for me.

Back