pivot riser or strait riser?

01mountanmax600

i just put the old kx bars on my sled and because they are not as high as the mountain ones that came on it i need a riser? I think ill either put a 5 inch or a 4 inch with the pivot? It will be close to the same height but is the pivot worth the extra money? :o| ps. they are power madd risers im looking at

Last edited:

i have the power madd pivot riser with a 4 inch block on my 2001 SXR. Looks sweet as hell and came out real nice. havn't ridden it yet but sitting on it feels real good, will let you know in a week or so.

Also, this sled has a set of bars from a skidoo snocross sled on it. and the stock pad fit back over the bars

I would def buy a 4" riser with a pivot instead of the 5" with out pivot. Its just slanted to much for that big of a riser. The bars would be leaning towards you to much and you would want to beable to adjust them forward.

If you use a 5" riser with no pivot, the bars will practically be at your chest, with the pivot, you will be able to where you are comfortable.

If you were using a 2" or so, i would say dont use the pivot adapter. If it makes you feel better, you could buy the 4 block and try it, if you dont like it, then buy the pivot adapter later.

Nick, did you extend your cables your self? I am putting a 4in with the pivot. My boyfriend had someone do the cable extensions for him, I wanted him to do mine himself to save some cash. I already have the cables and everything ... it is a no brainer job?

yamahagirl,
I did it all my self and actually they are the stock cables. I pulled the throttle cable off and straightened the 90 degree bend on it to a 45. then i rerouted both cables to run thru the air box, under the filter. Worked out nice and i almost have too much lenght. I changed the brake hose to a hose off from a '98 couse they were longer. Havn't ridden it yet, but playing with it in the garage, i haven't had any problem with the torrs. Didn't take any close up pics, wish i had.

Back