Sleds on the trail

alswagg

VIP Member
We went for a ride yesterday in Southwester MI area. We saw more Yamaha than ever while riding, it was nice to see the blue being presented. I think it was even on sled count from Yamaha to Ski Doo, only one cat saw all day and a few maybe 10 Polaris. Must have seen 50 Yamaha. From Old Phazer to newer Apex and RX1's Alot of Vipers and SXR's. I did see two Polaris Rush's. I really did not like the looks of machine while on the trail. It really looked like "bubba built". lol Al

I just got back from Wisconsin and we were out numbered by Ski Dos, Polaris and Cats. I would say 3 or 4 to one. Of course they were the ones with the hood open.

Mancelona area in MI is Arctic Cat country. Considering a 2010 A/C Sno Pro 500 myself. I like that race inspired chassis.

when it is cold out here, you mostly see yamahas with cats /doos as an even mix. on warmer days, yamahas are in the minority.

last week wile in Grayling all i saw was Poo's!!! me a 4 stroker PZ a 02 viper and a nother SX-R is all the yammies out that day.

not 1 ditch pickle

Last edited:
Ya we had 5 Yamis 07 Attack gt, 05 Vector, 03 Rx1, 00 700 Deluxe, My 98 700 SX and an F6 Ditch pickle smoker. He it a bump and head light fell out. He also had a black exhaust mark all the way up the right side. I will say it did keep up with us although.

Lot of Doo's and Cats around here... depends on where ya go, local bar had more Yamaha's at it last night when I rode through, all 4strokes, maybe 7 or so... next was Doo's, 4-5... I rolled up with my semi-antique 02 Viper, lol...

were i'm at in northwest MI you are very hard pressed to find a yamaha. alot of ski-dont's and artic crap.... i would say if i don't count myself maybe 1 yamaha for every 20-30 sleds on a givin day

in my area i see a ton of cats and polaris's. not many yamahas. i ride to work everychance i get and there is always someone checkin out my srx and askin questions. still havent found anyone around here that thinks they are faster, they must know better!!??

Back