heavy hitters vrs hammer time

full tilt viper

Does anyone know a good set up with heavy hitters for bender piped viper? I just recieved kit . It came with a black primary 150\300 and black sec spring from simmons. Info 2002 viper, speedwerx head,reeds,gutted box,1.25 track, 144 studs,roller rooster secondary 41\37 or 47\43 . Jeff
set it up for his pipes, his mistake. He kind of guessed at the set up. One
other comment Hammer time weights destroyed both prim & sec sheaves last fall. Benders power shift kit with 8ek weights outperformed the hammer time weights everytime. I tried every combination , past 600 feet the sled would fall on its face. I am hoping for a better result from the Heavy hitters.
Any information that can help would be much appreciated.

heavy hitters work best with a straight helix this I know from alot of testing with them I use them in my race sled do not use silver secondary spring with stock driven clutch it will wreck the heavy hitter advantages I used a red one seem to work best and in the primary use the heavy hitter yamaha spring this will work best what rpm does your sled make power at :WayCool:

hammer time vrs heavy hitters

thanks for info.Bender recomends 8700 peak power.The set up he gave me was 3\4 plus 1\4 in #1 ,7\16 thk washer in #2, 3rd empty.When i told him it had bender pipes he told me to add 3\8 steel to tip.I don't think it can pull this much weight.I must say the stock profile 8ek seemed to fit thr sled well.Are the H H a simular profile. I am so tired of chasing clutching i just hope this time i made the right decision.

Last edited:
When you say swing shoulder,are you talking about hammer times or h h ? you also mentioned heel clicker red prime spring .I just want to make sure we're on the same page. I need the set up for H H . Simmons supplied both springs, thanks

sorry man , i was talking hammer times ...my bad ..

Back