roller rooster pros and conc

full tilt viper

Currently have a bender piped viper. I have tried a couple of clutch kits, the bender power shift kit worked well .With their supplied helix, it felt very
snappy out of the hole. Then i took my roller rooster off my srx and installed it on the viper. When i called Bender they told me to use a 41\37 but i also have a 47\43 from my srx. The 41\37 backshifts great. Better than the bender set up. But I'm not sure if it's putting maximum power down. Anyone with roller rooster exp would be appreciated.

OK...I have 4 seasons on the Roller rooster.
Pro,s
The new unit is very light, bolts on with 0 modification
Upshift is dramatic...you need about 6-7 degrees less angle to get the same upshift with a billet helix
You can wrap the secondary extremely tight with a stiff secondary spring & still get great top end...it will still shift out 100% with a lot of tension

Cons
You gotta use his helix
The rollers must be lubed over the summer storage or they will seize & must be replaced

I tried about 6 different angles & found a 43/39 worked excellent on everything from racing on hardpack to mountain riding at 10k elevation. I have used the roller on SRX,s. sx,s piped & stock & 700 MM,s.I am running the unit on my Turbo RX with a 49/35 & will be dialing it in as soon as we get a little more snow. Rick,s roller will give great top end with awesome backshift(downshift) & totally shifts out unlike other roller units that will drop top speed when wrapped with a tight spring.

Back