sx and srx motors check em out

REDMATER

tya
Website
mysite.verizon.net
ever see thease cut aways from the factory snow shows thease are from 1998 ;)!

Attachments

• Dscf0015.jpg
    Dscf0015.jpg
    143.5 KB · Views: 100
  • Dscf0016.jpg
    Dscf0016.jpg
    135.5 KB · Views: 67

Those are cool!! I love cutaways.

The engine I have in my SXR is actually the very first 98 engine produced...8CH-00001..there's something you don't see every day :).

DoktorC said:
Those are cool!! I love cutaways.

The engine I have in my SXR is actually the very first 98 engine produced...8CH-00001..there's something you don't see every day :).

You got one before their tooling started to wear out, should be built right to spec. :flag:

The weep hole is under the waterpump...8ch and 8du are different model years. 8ch may be 97..I don't remember...but my engine does have the wide end bearing of the 98s.

On further inspection..It's 8dn-000001 (I'm an idiot...). I'd guess that Red's is an 8dn...it kinda looks like a U but the 98 suffix is 8dn..so it would make sense. The sled it came out of was #8...I just couldn't let my motor sell with the sled.

Ok, on the srx motor, It looks like the power valve is into the cylinder. Can someone explain to me the theory/how they operate? Seems to me they should never be in the cylinder. Is the valve suppose to be open at wot or below idle (when adj are made it should be open right? :confused: ). If they are out of adjustment can they hit the piston? :o|
Thanks for any info. ;)!

Quick explaination goes like this: The powervalve allows for more agressive top end porting. It is closed at a normal idle and through to about 6800 rpm, making the exhaust ports smaller allowing the engine to behave nicely. Once above 6800 the powervalve open allowing for more high rpm power (someone else can go deeper if you want). They also open when your idle drops below 800 rpm...I'm not sure if that is to help keep the engine running or just allowing people without the tool to set their valves.

The design of the PV is such that it should never be able to contact the piston. I know that is not the case in the watercraft engine..mine were 1/8 inch shorter then they should have been because of contact. There is a collar built into the valve with stops the valves from falling into the cylinder. This collar was worn on my PWC from incorrect adjustment...

8DN is the prefix of everything on the srx models, 8CH is the prefix on all SX chassis, 8CR's are the vmax's in the proaction chassis, 8BU is the vmax 4, 89L is the exciters, etc

Back