Getting back into bikes !

hossZ28

Life Member
Hi as a long time sled rider and former offroad bike enthusiast i thought after such a poor winter I mat renew my interests in bikes and the Supermotard dual purpose bikes have grabbed my attention and notice Yamaha only currently offers the WR 250 in Canada in SM trim while surfing thru the web I notice Yamaha Europe offers a XT660x In SM trim they must use a modfied raptor engine in this bike does any one in the industry know if they will bring this model to north america as it will be the only of the big three to offer a big bore supermotard style bike?

My best guess is no. With the current economy and the lack of support in the sport of supermoto racing, it won't happen. A 450 will be plenty streetable, and it would take nothing to do it as the 250 is already done. I would plate my bike, but street use would get boring really quick.

Is there a site or forum?

Thanks for the reply thats a pretty sweet bike! Do you know of a good web site that isnt strictly race only or European for supermotard?

I have a feeling grapeape is right. SM's are not big sellers here, and at that rate no bike is now.

Back