Problems with starting 89 exciter 570

jbladedx

I bought a 1989 yamaha exciter 570. If I run it everyday it fires right up first pull. But if I leave it sit a couple of days and do not ride. I have a heck of a time getting it started. I tried choking it not choking it, ugh! the only thing that works is if I take out the spark plugs heat them with a propane torch and put them back in it fires right up first pull. Also I noticed while doing this that it calles for NGK BR9ES plugs and it has NGK BR8ES in it?? So I dont no Im gonna go get the plugs it calls for, dont no why the guy I bought it from has these plugs in it. Is there anything else I should look for?

I have the same sled, same issue. I think the needle and seats are letting the fuel by and flood it out. Try shutting the fuel off when you are done riding. If I forget I have to pull the plugs and pull it over until all the fuel is out of the cylinders. Good luck.

...same problem on my 88 Exciter. If I remember to shut off the fuel, no sweat. If I forget, then I have to pull the plugs and stick the sled on its side while I pump massive amounts of fuel out of the crankcase...total drag. Never been able to figure it out....just have to remember to shut that darn fuel off every night..!!

I have the same problem with my 89 and it doesnt matter whether I shut the fuel of or not. I have watched the fuel in the lines and I believe it is draining out. Simple solution: Buy a new battery hit the key starts no problem LOL or keep it in the garage,except then you need to TRY & explain to or WIFE why she has to park outside so your sled can keep warm, again simple solution buy a comfortable couch

Back