Perfomance Upgrade For Srx Help..

yamaddiction

i have a 98 srx 700 all stock what is the best "bang for your buck" upgrade??? I only have like 350 bucks right know to throw into it, any help would be appreciated :rocks:

I can sell you tracks too. Anytrack you are interested in. The most popular track for the srx tends to be the 9830H track. It is a six pitch track just like the 9818H track however it is a 1" lug. You will definitally want tto get one of these tracks. We can sell you the 9818H track for 350 also and we can sell you the 9830H track for 340. Let me know what you decide to do but tthe best improvement is a track, no questions about it.

one of the cheapest bangs for buck is changing the chain gear ( small one)
from 23tooth to 22 or some do 21.
my 22t is on the way. this effectively adds torque to the track. if you want more accelleration on the trail this will do this. $25 ;)!

i then machined some metal off the helix flange to allow the secondary clutch to shift more ( closer to overdrive). Hopefully, this will keep my top end and not let the sled run out of rpm due to the gear reduction. that only cost me lunch for my machine shop buddy at work to throw it on the mill.

I will give a full report once we get some dang snow here in michigan.....

Ramb

Back