Cleaning Power Valve and Carbs For Viper

jcc

OK I just bought this 2002 Viper with 2400 miles on it and I have heard nothign but horror stories about the power valve needs to be cleaned around this mileage. Here is the problem. I am not sure how to take apart the carbs or the power valve. I am a good mechanic but this is all new territory for me and I dont want to mess anything up. I was looking at the Mods page and I could not see anything that I could look at as a reference. Can anyone help me find out some more info and maybe tell me were I can see how this all comes apart? Thanks

JCC :o| :o| :rockon: :yam:

take the 4 allen screws out around each powervalve and the valve should pull right out if not gummed up. kinda looks like a guilotene once u get it out... u mite see hard deposits of carbon build up....u will need a razor blade and some good quality degreaser...i usually spray the degreaser on and let it sit for a few minutes and then wipe hard with a rag and then spray again and gently scrape off the hard deposits and also make sure you arent scratching the valves... and then i used a pencil (eraser end) and spray part of a rag with the degreaser and wrap it around the pencil and doo the inlet hole wheere the valve assembly came out out....good luck....and also i usually do em every 500 -750 miles to make sure they dont get bad...

Back