7 inch total lift
Warn Fender Flares
Eagle Alloys w/33 BFG MTs
351 Bored over, Edelbrock Carb/Intake 360 hsp/almost 400ft/lbs torque
Gibson Headers
Flowmaster Exhaust
411 Gears, Auburn Rear

Just for all of us Ford Guys....

Ive got a '99 F-150 reg cab, 8 foot bed with off-road package. 114,000 miles and still goin.
I would have prefered a Toyota Tundra, but this truck is still nice.
Hebi

Im sure, Cat people like Dodges and Chevys.
Me, Im not at all a Ford person. I tell people that Im currently a temporarily displaced Toyota/Yamaha owner. Toyota/Lexus and Yamaha all the way!
I dont like fixing stuff all the time, so thats why its Toyota and Yamaha!
Hebi

Last edited:
Toyota?

I hope you have better luck with Toyota than my neighbor, He has a newer Tundra, engine has no torque, brakes suck, and he bent the hitch on it just hauling a dump trailer. His mileage isn't that great either

2stroken said:
I hope you have better luck with Toyota than my neighbor, He has a newer Tundra, engine has no torque, brakes suck, and he bent the hitch on it just hauling a dump trailer. His mileage isn't that great either
Well, you can find people who have had problems with ANY brand of truck. Take my '99 F-150 for example: the # 2 cylinder has an oil leak between the cylinder head and the block. It leaks oil both into the cylinder and it drips some onto the exhaust manifold so the truck constantly smells like burnt oil. Also, the digital display for my odometer sometimes doesnt work. It still counts the milage but the display doesnt always "display" the miles. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesnt. 2 summers ago I had a problem with the dome light, door ajar light and door ajar buzzer coming on are random times. I traced it back to a loose speaker in the driver's side door. I tightened up the speaker bolts and it hasnt done it since.
At 72,000 miles one of my ignition coils got fried. It seems that in Ford's finite wisdom, they decided to run a coolant return line right next to one of the coils. The heat put out by this line fried the coil. I have since put some headwrap around the line and its been fine since then.
GM is no better than Ford, I would actually say that they are worse. However, GM is a little bit better than Dodge.
No my friends, I will stick with Toyota. Their vehicles are far, far, far, far, far more well-engineered and solidly-built than anything that Ford, GM or Dodge makes. Cut Toyota little slack, they just started making full-size trucks. They started making the T100 back in '95 and the Tundra has only been around since '00. You know, they havent had 50 years to hone their craft like the domestics have.
The Japanese already dominate car sales, give them 15 years and trucks will be dominated by them too!
Hebi

Totally agree with you, ...my question is, when is Yamaha going to get into the passenger vehicle game? ...they already build awesome powerplants for Ford (Volvo), ...4 wheels and a cab is just academic.

Yamaha is more involved with the auto industry than you might think.
Yamaha has had a partnership with Toyota since the '60s. It started with the Toyota 2000 GT, one of the first Japanese cars that could run head to head with the world's best sport cars.
Currently, Yamaha does suspension and engine development work with Toyota and in fact, the Toyota Corolla XRS and Matrix XRS uses suspensions that are designed by Yamaha.
Last I heard, Toyota owns 40% of Yamaha. Thats actually one of the main reasons that I got interested in Yamaha in the first place.
Hebi

Yamaha built the engine for Ford that was in the 89 and 90 SHO, V6 5 speed. Was only a 10th of a second slower in the 1/4 mile than the GT stangs. Redlined around 9000RPM's it was sweet.

They also make the engine for the Toyota Corolla XRS and Toyota Matrix XRS (same Yamaha-designed engine that the Celica GT-S used, in fact).
Hebi

snowsdog said:
Yamaha built the engine for Ford that was in the 89 and 90 SHO, V6 5 speed. Was only a 10th of a second slower in the 1/4 mile than the GT stangs. Redlined around 9000RPM's it was sweet.

Your numbers are a little off on that. The yamaha designed engine was used in ALL the V6 SHO's, not just 89 and 90. It also redlines at 7500 rpm, not 9 grand. Nonetheless, and incredible engine. Putting out 220 h.p. from a V6 way back in '89, its nuts

Last edited:

Back