PLASTIC SKIS on exciter

YamahaSXR700

hey guys, for putting plastic skies on a exciter is there a special kind of plastic skis to put on them? or any one would fit?

I tooks set of plastic skis from a 2000 SRX and put them on my 1993 Exciter. I put a set of Bergstrom triple point carbides and a set of plastic ski savers. Worked out well. I had to make a set of aluminum mounts for the skis though. Looks better and handles much better than the stock skis.

SLP made a ski & mount just for those sleds. Ran them on my old 87 Exciter. Much better than stock. Not sure if they still offer them or not. Modified brackets would be needed for the new trailing arm skis to work.

I have a set of the SLP'S that "were" Made for the Phazer, Exciters (TSS). They dont make them anymore so they are very valuable...hint, hint....lol

USI has ski mounts for the T.S.S. sleds and B.T.W. there are 3 different width saddles so, measure your mount width. I bought a set of skis off a 1998 Vmax SX 700 which are the same skis that are on my son's 2002 SX600R and both accept the USI saddles. I know USI made some of the early Tivar/plastic ski's for Yamaha but, did not realize how long they continuned using USI. I am only guessing that any of the Yamaha skis that use steel or Aluminum saddles will work ?

Search this site as there are several good, older posts on this topic. I had three T.S.S. sleds done with RX-1 skis (with some mods to the saddles) and they are great.

Back