Best way to lift up Sled w/ rear bumper off?

SledBoy

VIP Member
I'm long tracking my viper and wondering what the Best way to lift up Sled with rear bumper off?

I have an hydraulic engine hoist, but don't want to put undue stress on the heat exchangers under the running boards. A Mar-lift would be great, but don't want to spend $260. Is my only solution to hoist it up w/ hydraulic engine hoist while rear bumper still on and set it on block via the heat exchangers under the running boards. Just looking for the best solution.

If you have a hydrolic hoist like you said, just take a strong rope and wrap it under the tunnel and then hook it on to the hoist. I do not believe if you just grabbed it from behind with the hoist that it would hurt your heat exchanger running boards. We have hoists down at the shop and we always transport the sleds by going on both sides of the tunnel. If you are really worried, put a towel or cloth where the hoist meets the tunnel so it wont hurt it but we have done this several times with no damage.

What we did to my husbands sled is just put jack stands under the trailing arm bolt, once you pull the suspension there is so much weight from the motor that the sled stayed tilted forward.

find a buddy with an auto shop...

when i changed my skid, went to a friends with auto shop... we used the car hoist, had it 6ft in the air... easy to work on...

Back