Bleeding the coolant

Focker

A couple of my buddies are trying to bleed the system. They are doing everything by the book, raising the rear, bleeding through that bolt, then moving to the bleed bolt on the carb shutoff. Their problem is that there is no coolant coming out of that bleed bolt!? They have coolant everywhere they need it(in the carbs, head, heat exchanger, etc.), and the sled is not running hot, so any idea why they cannot bleed through that bolt?

Thanks,
Focker

I had the same problem after I installed the pipes. I tried everything. I cracked the cap and nothing came out. I never saw a heat light. Plenty of coolant. The problem is what came out was a lot more than what I replaced. I was just going to bring some coolant on the first ride. I know that risky but tried it all.

I use my trailer to bleed the coolant. Tilt the trailer, drive the sled up the trailer so the sled is on full incline. Run the sled without the cap, the air should flow to the highest point being the water neck. I've had good luck doing it this way.
Just my $.02

Good luck.

Back