stretched 97 700sx

woodchuck

Hi everyone,

we are currently in the process of stretching my buddies sx to 144. I have a few questions and was wondering if someone had some starting points for me.The machine has bender triples,reed spacers,one layer head gasket removed and roller secondary.
We are adding reverse to this sled and the bottom gear I'm gessing is a 39.what is a good gearing for the 8 tooth drivers we had to change to with 2"paddle?
what should be the proper jetting with the bender pipes?Any help would be appreciated.

my sx (136) I went to a 22 top and the stock bottom (no reverse) and gearing is about perfect w/ 8 tooth drivers with the 23 top, it liked to trench.

Grapeape,

I'm curious about this,your saying the higher gear ratio trenched more in the snow than the lower.I assumed it would be the opposite,low gearing more track spin...?

My 03 Mtn Viper has 20 on top and 40 on bottom,and the 8 tooth drivers. I think the ratio is in the 2.25 range. With the lower ratio it will walk up onto the snow with a little less track spin. It does loose some top end but that's ok in my book, it's those deep holes that really suck.

Back