new track stretch?

SRX_Dave

Just finished long tracking SRX (Tracks 136 extensions). Track tension is all the way out and this track still seems tight. It has some flop on the straight part of the rails but at the bend it's tighter than I normally run. Track is a Polaris Camoplast 5410894. Also has the number 207347 stamped on it in silver lettering. Does anyone know if Camo made a track for Polaris between 121 and 136 cause that sure seems like what I've got. Rough measurement was 134" before I installed it. How much stretch can I expect? Dave

ya know dave you jinxed your sled by putting on somthing off a polaris lol j/k

I meant to give ya a call this week and check out your new extension but i had a real bussy weekend. are you home during the day during the week?

Can't argue with that. I'm just about sick right now. Everyone in lower midwest should thank me now b/c it WILL snow this week with my sled out of commission. Time for plan B. 136 x 1.25 Ripsaw or 136 x 1" Camo and 168 studs. Can someone overnight this to me please, LOL.

BTW, the rear of the skid looks exactly the pics of yours. up about 2".

Dave

Dave, you might want to give your nearby Polaris dealer a call tomorrow with your part number on that track. I know that awhile back Polaris did make some sleds that used a 133" track. It could possibly be that you ended up with a 133" instead of a 136" track.
Boomer.

Dave, Polaris did run a 133.5, sounds like what you have. Count the spaces between drive lugs, and multiply by 2.52. 133.5 is 53 136 is 54. Maxdlx

Thanks 98. That does look like a good deal but I don't think at 2"er will fit in an SRX and is prob more lug than I need in Iowa.

2000srx, I am thinking of either a 1.25 ripsaw or a 1" w/studs. Gettin an opinion from Rules. Will let u know. Dave

Dave, for that price, you could cut the lugs down to whatever height you want. It doesnt take too long and the results are really nice. Cut it down to 1.25 and save yourself $100 or more.

Dave, Im using a 2"x141" in Iowa. You would need to change out the drives and remove your tunnel protectors in a srx, or just drives in a sxr. Brent

Back