Not A Yami,but my AC vintage sled

bluemonster1

LIFE MEMBER ONLY ONCE!!!
what you think of my 76 Artic Cat Pantera500FA.It has a totally rebuilt motor installed last summer. Sled is in mint shape,2800 original miles.Re did the ski's.Track is great and the hyfax to..all original.No rips in seat anywhere.Can't believe it is nearly 25 years old and still can go 70 mph..last time I ran it when first motor was in it.The suspension ain't great..but it is an antique now.Maybe I'll sell it to someone who is collecting vintage sleds just to have them in a collection.
Here is a video of it today..one hand on camera..the other on the throttle and bar.Excuse my camera movement..did some jumps and nearly wiped out while still holding the camera..lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WElAHigrBXE

Looks nice! My first nice sled was a 77 ElTigre 5000 f/a that I bought in 84. It looked like new when I got it. They are very similar to each other,except mine didnt have them fancy red grips. Hows the temp guages working out for you?? Id grab a hand full of throttle and one needle would go up and the other would go down!! lol

true,the needles for the temp would vary.Today it was basically equal.Them grips are electric grips that I installed a few years back.They actually work,have it on a hi/low toggle switch.Also have a plug for electric visor .I should widen the ski stance so I don't tip over all the time at higher speeds..lol

Back