Off Trail Riding

2stroken said:
Yes I remember years ago, we were plagued by some snowmobile breakdowns on a trip. We got out the bravo 250 and an enticer 250. Neither of these sleds would go over 45mph on the hard back, but man did we have a blast carving around trees, skipping across the swamp. That is probably one of my best snowmobile memories. It really was amazing what you could do. If it got stuck, lift the back with one hand, grab the gas with another and push. Jump on as it was taking off!

Yep guys, i have the same memories. Those old sleds were so light they didn't seems to sink or bog down in the snow quite as bad as the new ones, as long as the snow wasn't too deep. I had an old Polaris way back when and that thing was so light that it would just go. But if the snow was too deep you just knew not to try it or go there..........

Now with the Mnt Viper, I will "go there" to those deep spots, because it will go to places you simply would not have been stupid enough to go with those old sleds. Of course, the Mnt Viper will also bury itself and get stuck far beyond I ever imagined those little sleds could. But amazingly, it has also walked out of being mired down really badly to my amazement, from places those old sleds would never pull out of.

Mike

you can put on a 2" riser without extending anything. some re-routing is nessasary but it works well.

viper dave and jerry can confirm this as it was on the 09 jan ty ride. youngest brother rides a modded sx500r and we where playing on kingston plains (i think). jerry saw him flip the sled and take out a pine tree that same ride. when he flipped, jerry said he was stuck and we shold go help him. we both looked at jerry and said "he's not stuck yet. give him a minute." he flipped the sled back on its skis, stood on the up-hill running board and grabbed a handful of throttle and rode the sled out. not too often we have to dig a sled out but learning on the old leaf spring enticers with the only trails to ride being bush trails that we made helped lots. if i plan on playing off trail i will take my enticer before i think about using my war because i know i can toss it around and make it do everything easyer.

Back