TY Classifieds mis-understanding resolved!

dirtjumper895

Hello my fellow TY members, I would like to hear your opinions on a possible "bad sale" here on TY.

I, Dirtjumper895, have been accused of a bad sale on the item in the thread http://www.totallyamaha.net/forums/showthread.php?t=64513 .

The Accusation came from RLBOCK.

I have offered a complete refund of the paypal payment, if the buyer would like to return the item, however, he refuses.

The 144 skid, was the original rear skid from my 04 Viper Mountain. It had one cracked rail, as was mentioned in the for sale thread. This skid had a two wheel axle modification, and a transfer enhancement kit made, to increase the performance in low snow conditions.

The buyer was not aware of these modifications (transfer enhancement/2 wheel kit).

Correspondence between the buyer and seller was first initiated in late December, first through PM's and then over the phone. It resumed in early March. Payment was made though PayPal, and the skid was shipped using a FedEx shipping tag generated by RLBOCK.

Below is some information from the email correspondance between buyer and seller.
Jeff, I never seen or heard anything about it being modified, the rear axle is missing also, sure would be nice if you can find those traction rods, they will be pretty pricey to find. Your ad said stock 144 skid, you mentioned the cracked rail but that was it, in fact the rail that is cracked by the ice scratcher spot is cracked in another spot near where the idler wheel mounts. Please try to find those rods, i just want what I purchased.

Well im sorry it has come to this, however i WILL QUOTE, these lines from my ad. "Im looking to sell my stock skid out of my viper Mountain, as i swapped to a longer skid. This is not a 121 extented, but a full rail 144. "

(source= http://www.totallyamaha.net/forums/...ead.php?t=64513)

1st,
the suspension has the rear axle (2 wheel axle and spacers) installed in it with 2 ~7" black wheels with replaceable bearings on it, or atleast it did when i sent it.

2nd,
Please generate pictures of where the rail is cracked by the idler wheels, i will go back through my pictures of the suspension to see if i can see any cracking in the pictures before it was sent. I do not recall seeing any cracking in other than the hairline crack in the right side rail, aproximately 2 inches in front of the rear bump stop. This crack was in the center of a wear area from a previously installed set of ice scratchers.

3rd,
The ad did say the skid was the stock one, however the ad did not specify if the skid was an unmodified suspension with all stock parts installed and unmodified.

4th,
In addition, it was never stated if this was an incomplete or a complete suspension. It was never asked what came with the sale, and no pictures were ever requested to be sent before payment.

There is nothing i am trying to hide. I would PREFER if this conversation got sent to an Administrator here on TY, to act in a mediation process.

I have bought, sold, borrowed, and gave parts away here on TY, and have never had this kind of encounter. This is the same as other forums i am a member of.

I have 100% of feedback on Ebay aswell.

What this really boils down to, is that you are asking for pieces of the suspension which you assumed were included , and i knew were not included BECAUSE the modifications had been performed while the suspension was being used and while it was installed in the chassis, and the parts are no longer in existance.

Like i stated before, and NOW i would prefer, a complete refund of the paypal payment you sent to me, (ended up only being ~143.00 after paypal fees), if you can get the suspension back to me.

I do not want this to hurt either of our reputations here on TY, as i do not feel there was any intention by either party of doing this before, during, or after the sale.

If i do end of finding the transfer rods, they will be sent to you, just because it is the right thing to do even know a parts list, picture, or in depth description were never generated before, during, or after the sale.

Jeff

I, the Seller feel that I was honest on all accounts of the sale, and that pictures should have been received by the Buyer, before the choice to buy the part. If one picture is worth one-thousand words, it would have been a visual enhancement to clear up any murkiness in the clarity of what was being sold.

I would please appriciate of my fellow TY'ers could give advice on where to take this issue, and to expose any issues with this sale. Like i have said, I the seller have nothing to hide, and if i still has the transfer rods in my posession, they would have been included in the sale( however the transfer enhancement kit would not have been then)

Let the TY Court's decide!

The newest PM from Dirtjumper895(seller) to RLBOCK(buyer).
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(THE FOLLOWING MESSAGE WILL BE MADE PUBLIC AS WILL AND CORRESPONDENCE FROM THIS POINT FORWARD)

Rob-

Why are you not wanting a refund? I have offered to do this, and you do ignore it. Off to the TY Member courts we go.

Here is a link to the thread.

http://www.totallyamaha.net/forums/showthread.php?t=71220

Jeff

it would seem to me that if a refund was offered, you have already gone above and beyond what most people would have done. i am sure if we all closely scrutinized any used part after the fact we would be able to find flaws that we were unaware of. kinda like when your exited about your new used sled, and the more you look at it, the more defects you didnt notice, or how someone will nit-pick flaws to try to bargain. sounds like the buyer got more than what he paid for, as opposed to shorted by misrepresentation. some people just cant be made happy. it sounds to me as though you have shown a reasonable effort in trying to resolve the matter, and you have an unwilling customer to deal with. sleep well knowing you have done the right thing and made the effort in a positive direction. good for you. you cant please everyone. i can kinda see where the lack of the t-rods would confuse those that dont know the plusses of the transfer enhancement kit. but i dont see where the buyer was mislead. if you offered pictures, and none were requested, the fault would lie on behalf of the buyer for not asking more questions. just an opinion, mine.

I agree with snodad4. As a eBay seller of used sled parts myelf, I can tell you that you have done what is right imho.

I had a experience with a recent sale of a used Polaris seat I sold to a fella in MN & I had posted in the listing that the seat was in "very good condition" but, I did not mention a small pin hole near the base (my bad)!! The buyer said he was not happy & he wanted a full refund & I should pay him to ship it back to me. I refunded the FULL $$ including shipping & said he could keep it but at the very least, give me a positive reply for "stepping up to the plate" & acknowledging my screw up. Gee, not even a thank you!!
I am a bit more cautious is my ratings of parts now!! LOL !!

Good luck with this one ;)!

hind sight 20/20, should have sold it to me,
I have done this many times, get excited about a deal, not pay attention when reading a listing and not get what I thought. His first visit to the computer should have been to your add where you say it has the transfer enhansment and crack and wheel kit. If he didn't understand what those were, he should have asked or done a search. You were selling the skid cheap, you must have been, I wanted it and I am as cheap as they come. He got a deal so don't sweat it. "It's alright now, learned my lesson well, can't please everyone so you, got to please yourself"

I had a guy on here I sold a sled to that I thought I had done a compression check on(yeh, I had that many sleds that I was wrong)It had a cylinder ruined from a lost snap ring that was replaced. I said I would give him his money back and was sorry, would drive out and get it, about 6hrs, he wanted me to buy all the parts he had bought for it like track, etc. I sold it for a couple grand for a 2001 srx and had to send him a top end to shut him up, looking back, I wish I had just said, I will give you your money back or nothing but like you, I wanted to make sure I was on the right side as in my case I was in the wrong.
anyway, my rant is over,
your fine, if he turned down your reimbursment, that means he still wants to keep it, this means he still thinks it is worth it.

After reading your original ad, I can see where rlbock has not recieved what was advertised.
Your original post:
"Im looking to sell my stock skid out of my viper Mountain, as i swapped to a longer skid.

This is not a 121 extented, but a full rail 144".

In this post, you state you are selling your "stock skid", it doesnt say you are selling a modified, enhanced or alltered skid.
If someone was selling a "Stock Viper" , a buyer wouldnt expect it to have tripple pipes,M10 suspension,USI Skis etc....(although that would be nice)
As far as a refund, Im guessing shipping was around 55-60 dollars, so a simple refund is not that simple. If you refund the purchase price, rlbock is going to be out $110-$120 with return shipping. This is without knowing what type of deal you made as far as the refund. Can you elaborate?

I dont believe you meant to intentionally mislead rlbock, but I do understand his position.
JMHO,Sno

Last edited:
3rd,
The ad did say the skid was the stock one, however the ad did not specify if the skid was an unmodified suspension with all stock parts installed and unmodified.

I dissagree with this statement completely. With this thinking, you could have simply sent him two 144" rails and said " I didnt say the suspension had all the parts"

FS ad

The ad said nothing about a transfer enhancement kit or wheel kit, it did mention the crack. So why do you say i should have paid attention to the ad. You mentioned the skid was cheap so does that mean it doesn't have to be complete in your eyes. I don't sell things that way maybe you do. I appreciate correct feedback but this doesn't seem to fall in that catagory.

BETHEVIPER said:
hind sight 20/20, should have sold it to me,
I have done this many times, get excited about a deal, not pay attention when reading a listing and not get what I thought. His first visit to the computer should have been to your add where you say it has the transfer enhansment and crack and wheel kit. If he didn't understand what those were, he should have asked or done a search. You were selling the skid cheap, you must have been, I wanted it and I am as cheap as they come. He got a deal so don't sweat it. "It's alright now, learned my lesson well, can't please everyone so you, got to please yourself"

I had a guy on here I sold a sled to that I thought I had done a compression check on(yeh, I had that many sleds that I was wrong)It had a cylinder ruined from a lost snap ring that was replaced. I said I would give him his money back and was sorry, would drive out and get it, about 6hrs, he wanted me to buy all the parts he had bought for it like track, etc. I sold it for a couple grand for a 2001 srx and had to send him a top end to shut him up, looking back, I wish I had just said, I will give you your money back or nothing but like you, I wanted to make sure I was on the right side as in my case I was in the wrong.
anyway, my rant is over,
your fine, if he turned down your reimbursment, that means he still wants to keep it, this means he still thinks it is worth it.

FS ad

This is exactly what my issue is, he said it was a stock skid, well a home made transfer kit and a home made two wheel kit is not stock, it was never advertised that way, never mentioned that these modifications were there. All i asked for was if he had the stock transfer rods available and he said he has them somewhere just can't find them, if i find them i will send them to you. I never said I wanted my money back. He offered to give me my money back but never said he would pay all my shipping cost.
I also believe he wasn't trying to screw anybody, I'm just trying to get what was advertised no more no less. I didn't ask him to replace the missing stock rear axle, spacers, and third wheel either by the way.
Sno-Xr said:
After reading your original ad, I can see where rlbock has not recieved what was advertised.
Your original post:
"Im looking to sell my stock skid out of my viper Mountain, as i swapped to a longer skid.

This is not a 121 extented, but a full rail 144".

In this post, you state you are selling your "stock skid", it doesnt say you are selling a modified, enhanced or alltered skid.
If someone was selling a "Stock Viper" , a buyer wouldnt expect it to have tripple pipes,M10 suspension,USI Skis etc....(although that would be nice)
As far as a refund, Im guessing shipping was around 55-60 dollars, so a simple refund is not that simple. If you refund the purchase price, rlbock is going to be out $110-$120 with return shipping. This is without knowing what type of deal you made as far as the refund. Can you elaborate?

I dont believe you meant to intentionally mislead rlbock, but I do understand his position.
JMHO,Sno

to help restore peace,love and harmony among fellow TYers, i would be willing to donate a complete,to my knowledge, set of stock transfer rods, just would want reimbursed for the USPS flat rate priority box of around $11. would probably have room in the same box for an axle spacer and stock black bogie. would need a confirmation on spacer and bogie diameter. just extra crap i have laying around, taking up space. cant seem to sell it, may as well donate it to a good cause. i have about 4 sets of t-rods and probably twice that many axle setups in assorted stages of completeness. spring cleaning. just offering.

Well I will pay your shipping costs, so they are not incurred by the buyer Rlbock. Thank You for the offer Snowdad4. If I ever find the set of transfer rods for this sled, I will give them to you to replace you offer.

Thank you

now i will leave it up to you boys to confirm fitment. i have the following, assuming that i labeled them correctly: 00mtn max, 01 mtn max, 03 mtn viper, 98 srx, and 97 vmax sx. as all these sleds have had transfer kits installed. pretty sure the last 2 wont, but i know the first 3 should. have rlbock pm me his mailing address, dirtjumper and i have been in contact already. may as well direct ship as not to incure any more shipping expense. wow, i just found those spindle plugs i was looking for. now for the axle spacer, that stuff is buried, i will have it uncovered by beerthirty, i hope. no guarantees on those parts as i was machining axles for 2 inner wheel kits, but lets try to get it in one ship. are the affected parties smiling yet? my attitude usually stands as there are no real problems, just solutions yet undiscovered.

I would like to publicly applaud snowdad4 for stepping up and presenting a resolution to this issue. You sir, are a wonderful example to TY members! Thank you for your generosity and thoughtfulness!!

Viper_Dave

needed parts

Snowdad4- your offer is very nice, I will PM you my address. If you want the transfer kit and the two wheel axle kit i will send it to you. Here is a list on what I am missing, what ever you can dig up will help out alot.
*The rods from the 03 Viper Mtn Max are needed, complete as possible, i need the nylon spacers and the rear mounting bolts, one for the rod end and the other bolt/washer/nut that mounts the lower bracket to the skid.
*The rear axle and nut
*The 4 spacers for the axle, spacers are made from aluminum with a ID of 20mm and an OD of 26mm. Lengths are (1)-147mm long (1)-27mm long and (2)-40mm
*Four cadium plated washers for the axle, ID-21mm OD32mm
*One 7.5in black wheel
Again this is a complete list, what ever you can supply would be great, I'm sure you weren't expecting a list this big, but this is what was missing on the skid.
Please let me know if I can answer any questions you may have.

Thank you, Rob

snowdad4 said:
now i will leave it up to you boys to confirm fitment. i have the following, assuming that i labeled them correctly: 00mtn max, 01 mtn max, 03 mtn viper, 98 srx, and 97 vmax sx. as all these sleds have had transfer kits installed. pretty sure the last 2 wont, but i know the first 3 should. have rlbock pm me his mailing address, dirtjumper and i have been in contact already. may as well direct ship as not to incure any more shipping expense. wow, i just found those spindle plugs i was looking for. now for the axle spacer, that stuff is buried, i will have it uncovered by beerthirty, i hope. no guarantees on those parts as i was machining axles for 2 inner wheel kits, but lets try to get it in one ship. are the affected parties smiling yet? my attitude usually stands as there are no real problems, just solutions yet undiscovered.

Last edited:
pretty sure I have an axle or two with the spacers and washers. Think I just stuck it all back on the shaft when I removed them. May have a wheel too. If the first guy can't find his I'll give you mine for the $15 as it will be about that to ship.

another nice offer to help

Ryan B said:
pretty sure I have an axle or two with the spacers and washers. Think I just stuck it all back on the shaft when I removed them. May have a wheel too. If the first guy can't find his I'll give you mine for the $15 as it will be about that to ship.
Ryan, really appreciate you offer and at this point i think snowdad4 has everything I need and has send them out and Dirtjupper has arranged to pay snowdad4 for shipping. I will get with you after I get the shipment, may need some additional pieces.

Thanks, Rob

Back