Stay 136" or go to 144"

136" or 144"

• Total voters

musselman

Right now I have come to the point where I can't decide whether to stick with my 136" or go to a 144". I mostly trail ride and ride in some powder the odd time (not very deep). Also if you recommend the 144" what lug height is best? Thanks

Currently I have 9T drivers so that's another limitation. How is the slider wear with the 2" lugs?

The track I had in mind for 144" was the camoplast crossover 1.5" lug.

Keep the results coming ;)!

musselman said:
Currently I have 9T drivers so that's another limitation. How is the slider wear with the 2" lugs?

The track I had in mind for 144" was the camoplast crossover 1.5" lug.

Keep the results coming ;)!
thats what i'am running on mine with 9t anti rachets and love it so far.

I have over 2,000 miles on my 144'd Attak with a 1.5 Crossover. Ask Maxdlx how it hooks on hardpack and ice with no studs LOL! Great hyfax wear, negligible loss of top speed ( I geard down to 21/38) As far as handling with straight rails, yes it's marginally harder to turn than the 136. BUt if you have aggresive enough ski and carbide setup, you'll have no problems. Offtrail in deep UP powder it goes VERY well!! Didn't have an option for tipped rails fo rthe ExpertX when I installed it. Go for the 144!!!

musselman said:
I mostly trail ride and ride in some powder the odd time (not very deep). Thanks

And someone recommends a 2" lug!!??

musselman said:
How has it held up so far with trail riding?
i've got 1800km's on it so far and it is holding up great.wasn't sure how it would at the speeds i ride usually,i can leave my house and in 5 minuts i'am on 65km's of wide open smooth as a babys *** lake system to my cabin and i usually cruse at a mininum of 120kph up to 170kph the whole way and it hasn't blown apart yet (knock on wood). and x2 on every thing viper dave said about it also.;)!

144 skid with tip ups and a 1.5 will suit you fine.

Try to find a Nytro XTX skid.

consider your trailer, I am still using a friends 12ft because my 10 is too short. i would go with 136 If I had it to do over but I am not changing it back either.

All I have right now is a 136 track and I was going to put it on my xt, I still need to get rail extensions.
I was just looking at the poll though and the results are close so I'm still not sure of the best route.

I put a 144" on my 95 with the M-10 before I got to ride it at 121". My other sled is 121" and does spin alot. Went with a 144" hacksaw with 1" lug off of a arctic cat with clearance being the issue on my sled. Need to run it looser than normal to prevent excess slide wear. Need to install 9 tooth anti rachet drives now. Does hook up great and seems better off trail also. As far as ride quality I can't say. I think most of it is because of the M-10 alone with maybe the bridging help of the 144" length. I love the way it rides compared to the 97 proaction. It's about 5 miles an hour slower top end wise compared to the 97 which is probably weight or that its a cat track thats making it slower. I think the track is also clipped every third window but all widows open.

Tuff call being you're already at 136".

The 136 did handle just fine and I had lots of hook up with the cobra track, but the thing is I got an M-10 (121") and now I need rail extensions so I just figured maybe I should go to 144" since my tunnel extension is long enough.

So far it looks like the 144 is more popular, I just have to come up with the cash to buy it. But keep the results coming I'm still not quite decided.

What are going to be some of the disadvantages of trail riding with a 144" 1.5" lug track? I just want to make sure I don't make an expensive mistake. I ride trails about 90% of the time and do lots of long trips.

Pushing a bit in the corners, and slide wear in poor conditions.

Tip-up rails eliminates the first, and scratchers helps with the second.

Well it looks like I may go 144 just need to get some cash for the new track.

Will a 1.5" 144" tend to ratchet more or will it be fine with stock 9T drivers?

If you do go 144, I have a camoplast 1 1/4 track that is like brand new with a gazillion studs in it that are in good shape that I would sell. I bought it thinking I would use it around home here and keep my 2 inch for mountain riding. But I hardly ever trail ride and we always get good snow in the fields here so I going to keep my 2 inch on all the time. I want 300.00 plus whatever shipping costs. PM me your email address and I'll take pics and send them to you if you are interested.

Back