Who rides in the Haliburton/Muskoka area?

musselman

I used to have a cottage on haliburton lake and work at the marina. Now I have a place on hawk lake and ride around huntsville to bracebridge area. I thought it would be interesting to know who I might be passing on the trails.

musselman said:
I used to have a cottage on haliburton lake and work at the marina. Now I have a place on hawk lake and ride around huntsville to bracebridge area. I thought it would be interesting to know who I might be passing on the trails.
Is that near Haliburton Highlands?A couple years back Supertrax magazine did a writeup about the highlands and what an awesome place it was to ride.It was in a " 10 places you must ride before you die " type article lol!

Is that near Haliburton Highlands?A couple years back Supertrax magazine did a writeup about the highlands and what an awesome place it was to ride.It was in a " 10 places you must ride before you die " type article lol!
Yah this is the haliburton highlands, the trails are usually excellent if there is enough snow.

This year we had the most snow in the muskoka area which is just to the northwest of the highlands. I did most of my riding there this winter.

Thats the place about a 1/4 mile up from the marina going out to the lake.Anywho yes bracebridge seemed to have the most snow anywere for southern ontario.I think they got 5 ft when the biggest storm hit,than lost 3 when it got warm.

Yah there was decent snow over that way. I managed to make one day trip to parry sound and back and the conditions over there were excellent. Even more snow than around bracebridge I think.

Back