Work in progress

vmax3

here is a picture of a 1978 Exciter (79 hood) I am slowly fixing up. It was pretty near the grave last year, and out in the sow this year. Lots more to do though.

Attachments

• 79 exciter.JPG
    79 exciter.JPG
    81.1 KB · Views: 44

Looks like you have a lot to work with, ...nice sled. There is a vintage explosion happening and acquiring these sled is going to become more and more expensive. ;)!

Yeah, Im glad im not alone in aquiring the vintage sleds, I want two more only, hehe a 77 SRX440 and a 78 SSR440 and my colleciton will be complete for me........Im trying to completely rebuild one every year, it takes alot of time and money.

I could use a hood for my '79EX- did you find that one at the salvage yard or do you have some other source?

i have a repairable hood from an 80 exciter 440 if interested.it's broke between the small upper and middle vents.not broken at hinge area. thanks,shawn

Work in Progress

I got a pair of 75 GPX433 pipes to put on the Exciter this weekend. I am not sure what kind of HP gain I might get, but certainly no weight loss.

Has anyone done this before?

Windshield

MountainMax said:
man she looks mean with that low windsheild, hmm, maybe i'll cut down my STX 340 windsheild........good luck with the sled.

We took a stock clear windshield and cut it with a Dremel tool, then painted it black, put the trim back on, and looks pretty cool.

i done a similar thing with my RED enticer, but not quite as low as yours..........

Attachments

• Digital Camera truck & skidoo 014.jpg
    Digital Camera truck & skidoo 014.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
hey i just gopt a 440 exciter, that looks like the hood in the pic. My problem is I can't get fuel to the carb. You can get it to syphon out the hose to the pump, and the inlet to the pump has suction when pulling the rope, but no fuel to the pump. It supposedly had the carb cleaned before I got it, but I am going to do it myself to make sure. Any hints. Thanks Paul

You say you have suction at the pump inlet, ...and nothing from the outlet? I would suspect a faulty fuel pump. As a matter of course, you need to take the carb apart and clean it real good, ...also make sure your hoses are in good shape to avoid any pressure loss. ;)!

Last edited:

Back