Just a Question.

2001SRX=Fast

hey guys
I got a question me and my buddys were doing some drags today and i noticed with my 01 srx that it would take off fine but then around 1/8 mile it would seem to run out of gas and drop the skis and seem to loose power but then after about 10 feet it would seem to get gas and then take off like a rocket. There was patches of loose snow, and the gas gauage was close E do you think it was out of gas or is there something wrong? This problem only happened 2 times.

My sx-r did the same thing when I had a very small amount of fuel in the tank. Adding a few gallons fixed the problem.

yea, i know what you're talking about turk, i did the same thing, thought i had like a quarter tank, but she sputtered a lot once the front was hanging a foot in the air

I'm interested in knowing if the problem was low fuel. I planned on attending a radar run or two this year with my new to me SRX, and have always raced in the past with a quarter tank or less (less weight). Let me know, if you wouldn't mind, or does anyone have a recommended fuel level to race on with these?

Back