Wanna see the new addition to the family...

I'm the BALD GUY working the throttle... It supposed to run LOW NINES... I had to adjust the screws on the side of the metering blocks ONE TURN out and adjust the timing.. the car RUNS FINE now!!! That was the first start up of that NEW MOTOR,,, 572.5 cubic inches !!! What a MONSTER!!!

Was that a gallon of pennzoil you were adding to it while it was running?

Did you adjust the primary metering block idle screws and then it settled in to a better idle?

I didn't know much about auto carburetors until I started building up my 351W on my Ski Nautique.

The trans builder recommended PENNZOIL DEXRON II which I would have NEVER put in My trans,,,but,,, He's the GURU on 727 trannies!!! I had Pro systems go through the Dominator and had to readjust the primary metering block idle enrichment screws one turn OUT!!! The car never ran so good.. The TIMING was about 15 degrees off in the movie and it runs JUST FINE now!!!

You DO NOT put synthetic trans fluid in a race trans.. The synthetic fluid will RESIST the clutches engagement just by the lubricity nature of synthetics... It's TOO SLIPPERY for a race trans.. The trans does NOT get a lot of mileage which would wear out the thrust bearings and bushings,,, so,,, synthetics will actually HURT YOU in a racecar trans...

Blkhwkbob said:
I think I saw a gallon of Yamalube on the shelf!
NO YOU DIDN'T !!! If you did see a bottle of Yamahalube,, it was probably 4 stroke 15W40 oil for the GENERATOR.. NEVER YAMALUBE 2S ....

NHRA says that any car over 150mph NEEDS A PARACHUTE... not that the car DOES GO over 150,, it HAS the POTENTIAL to go 150 + The car is certified for UP TO 7.50 as per NHRA certification rules... It weighs 3260lbs WITHOUT the driver and has 4 wheel MANUAL disc brakes.. You have to TWO FOOT the brakes to get it to stop... MAYBE just a little insurance policy in case something happens!!!

you could also go on facebook and look up Gary Oles and see my video's.. I have TWO of the car doing passes...

nosboy said:
NHRA says that any car over 150mph NEEDS A PARACHUTE... not that the car DOES GO over 150,, it HAS the POTENTIAL to go 150 + The car is certified for UP TO 7.50 as per NHRA certification rules... It weighs 3260lbs WITHOUT the driver and has 4 wheel MANUAL disc brakes.. You have to TWO FOOT the brakes to get it to stop... MAYBE just a little insurance policy in case something happens!!!

Nice ride Gary. Seems kinda heavy or is it just me. If I remember correctly my A/B 'Cuda weights about the same.

You ever spend any time on FEBO (For E bodies Only)?

I didn't think about the 150mph. was thinking about 8.00 or faster. I know some others that keep going faster & faster also, they too still have drum brakes. It's fine at the bigger tracks but gets a little spooky at the shorter shut downs.

never heard of it.. I'll give it a try though!!!
snomofo said:
Nice ride Gary. Seems kinda heavy or is it just me. If I remember correctly my A/B 'Cuda weights about the same.

You ever spend any time on FEBO (For E bodies Only)?

As far as it being kinda heavy,, It's ALL STEEL except the hood . The firewall and floor are STAINLESS STEEL.. I think it looks better that way!!! Heavier,,,but,,, nicer looking.. It was a HIGH 11 second car when I bought it,, and I brought it to a low 10 second car,,, Before I threw in the stroker motor.. Hopefully LOW NINES of REALLY HIGH EIGHTS are in order.. I'll let you guys know in a few weeks!!!

nosboy said:
never heard of it.. I'll give it a try though!!!

I joined FABO (A bodies) this winter and have found it to be very helpful in doing my drum to disc swap along with finding parts. I'm sure you know what it's like finding old Mopar parts. If FEBO is anything like FABO, I'm sure you'll find it usefull. Good luck on your quest for the 9s.

Back