Looking for a Kubota...need some advice

bluemonster1

LIFE MEMBER ONLY ONCE!!!
I am looking for a Kubota Tractor.I know they are 4 wheel drive and Diesel Motors.I am looking for a used one and prices aren't bad out here.Probably in the range of 30 ish horsepower would do.I like the Backhoe and front bucket.Would look for a snowblower(front mounted) and rotary mower. What are some of the things to look for.I know the hours of usage counts,but are they really good on the engines and transmissions also?Some of you who may have one,can you chime in and maybe add pics to.

Im not sure what your budget or your goals with this machine are but a skid steer(bobcat) is alot better machine for most purposes. I've used both in a landscaping setting and a skid steer will outperform any kubota tractor I've ever seen(right up to full farm tractor size), and you can get any attachment you want. For one a snowblower will attach in front of you, not behind you, the favoured method for tractors. A skid steer is fully hydraulic, steering, lifting, driving and attachments. I have 0 love for the Kubota tractor, in my opinion they are slow, unwieldy, and weak. attachments take too much time to switch as well. In a skid steer you can change attachments in about 5 seconds, switch directions within the footprint of the machine, they can lift like demons(a Case 440ct will lift 4000lbs onto a flat bed of a tractor trailer), the skid steer controls are better, easier and faster, and they eat small Kubotas for breakfast. Just my .02 cents. The hitch is if you plan to do alot of trenching, or digging of holes then a skid steer is not the best option, they do have excavator attachments however that would perform well. I should have mentioned that the skid steer I run has 85hp, doesnt sound like much until you hook it to a hydraulic pump, then look out.

-Rustman

Rustman said:
snip - For one a snowblower will attach in front of you, not behind you, the favoured method for tractors. snip

FWIW - A riding buddy has one (I couldn't tell you the model, it's orange and a diesel) and the snow blower attachment is mounted up front. I believe the PTO is off the front of the crank.

good food for thought.There are a few skid steers for sale here at decent prices also.Will have to think about it.Just really needed a bucket for moving soil and or gravel or even snow.I know a Bobcat is a beautiful machine also.Will check whats out there and weight the options also.

blue, i have a b7600 kubota tractor think they are 30-35 hp range, pretty much have every attachment except the rear hoe, cant say or think of anything bad to say about it, jus love it , mine is prolly 6 yrs old now, not one problem with it, i bought it new with the front loader and had to give 15 or 16 grand for it, kinda pricy but worth every penny, good luck on your search... ;)!

FWIW - A riding buddy has one (I couldn't tell you the model, it's orange and a diesel) and the snow blower attachment is mounted up front. I believe the PTO is off the front of the crank.

I agree they can be mounted up front, but in most cases it is more expensive.

Bluemonster: If you plan to just move around soil and stuff skid steers are fantastic, but in the end its what you are more comfortable with. My company has 3 tracked skid steers and we have nothing but praise for them. Everyone who uses them loves them, I'm not trying to knock kubotas. I have just had the chance to use both and a skid steer is much more of a workhorse. In the end its what is more affordable and adequate for what you need. I would recommend trying them both out at similar tasks and seeing what you are more comfortable with. If its any interest I could make a video or two of a skid steer in action and post them somewhere. Although I'm sure you can find a multitude of vids already on youtube.

-Rustman

I like skid steers but they are just that, SKID steer. Hope you don't want to use it on your lawn or anything you don't want torn up, they will do as much damage as what you're trying to fix. A tractor is much more friendly to turf, which you said you would want a mower. For a jobsite a skid steer is the ticket but around the house I think you would find a tractor more practical.

I have a John Deere 2305. It's only 24hp. I have a back blade, a 1/2 yard front end loader, and a belly mower. I use mine for lawncare and snow removal. I agree with other posts that a skid steer has a ton more power, but it does have a 60hp advantage. Ditto on the tear anything and everything lawn related up everytime you turn.

I wavered over a bigger tractor, but in the end I looked at what I was going to use it for. You almost can't get more snow than it can handle. I have a 680' driveway with almost 300' at 30% grade. I plow up hill at will and I don't even have chains, just turf tires. I was going to buy a snowblower, but decided to weld up a snow pusher instead. It has worked very well for me. Having it mounted to the FEL, I am able to stack snow 8-9'. Places to put snow are not a huge issue for me because I live on a hill. If it were I would be more inclined to buy a blower.

I move maybe 6 yards of dirt, multch, and gravel a year. Fell some trees and haul wood in the bucket. Other than that I mainly use the loader for picking stuff up (like snowmobiles with a fork lift attachment I made for about $50). It cuts grass like a golf course, very nice.

I figured for the few "large jobs" I will ever do I can rent an excavator for $199/day or $700/week. Why have a giant piece of equipment for that very rare occasion.

As for Deere over Kabota, I had all but bought a Kabota. I was dead set on it. Until I drove one. I'm 6'2" the Kabota is made for little guys. The treadle peddel is pretty much under the seat. My calf cramped up on it in less than 10 min. The Deere is a 2 peddel system. Much nicer, more controlable and way more comfortable IMO.

As for hydraulics, The entire tractor runs on hydraulics just like any ol skid steer: steering, 3 point, Front and rear PTO, and hydrostatic drive. Most tractor attachments are less expensive to own or rent. I'm kind of lucky, there is a rent-all about 3 miles from me that rents just about any attachment you can think of for $25-$100 a day. I only have to buy the one's I need often. There is no reason for me to own a gill rake or rototiller when I can rent one for $40 a day once a year.

bluemonster1 said:
I am looking for a Kubota Tractor.I know they are 4 wheel drive and Diesel Motors.I am looking for a used one and prices aren't bad out here.Probably in the range of 30 ish horsepower would do.I like the Backhoe and front bucket.Would look for a snowblower(front mounted) and rotary mower. What are some of the things to look for.I know the hours of usage counts,but are they really good on the engines and transmissions also?Some of you who may have one,can you chime in and maybe add pics to.

what are you looking to do with it? just residential home use? or commercial use? if just home use i wouldn't even consider a skid steer (bobcat, etc. ) besides, a capable skid steer(over 60hp, especially a bobcat) is going to run you alot more $ than a compact tractor.

try looking on tractorhouse.com you can probably do a search for your area. its a really good site, you should be able to find exactly what you are looking for.

compact tractors are great and skid steers are great too. they all have their place and what you spend or do with it.

are you dead set on a kubota? or are you going to look at other colors?

I probably will look for a Kubota for sure.There are many for sale from 2004 to 2006 and prices are decent.I would love a backhoe for trenching a drainage from back to my dugout. I have a few low spots in the yard and the bucket is good for hauling soil.Got a 24 horse Sears tractor already for grass cutting and has a vaccum system for pickup I purchased with it run by a 5.5 HP Briggs ,its a vaccum system with cart.
Snowblower would be awesome for me on the Kubota also.Just will figure out the right size unit to buy,probably would be in the 30 hp range.

nice!!!!

found this unit for $3600.It is a 2006 L39 F.Not sure of the horsepower,I e-mailed the seller.Comes with bucket,18" BackHoe.Bucket,landscape rake,front forks for pellets.Has 222 hours on it, so fairly like new.

Attachments

• 201006041299765-thb.jpg
    201006041299765-thb.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 47
now this is a better unit with 52 Hp and price is only $3800 for a 2007.It is a
L5240 HST.It has 399 hrs on it.This is better deal then the previous one.Has a 24" backhoe.

Attachments

• 201005134811972-thb.jpg
    201005134811972-thb.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 47
I have a 680' driveway with almost 300' at 30% grade.

30% is almost impossibly steep, that must be a wild ride. the steepest street in the world is baldwin street in new zealand at 32%. The sidewalk has steps!

-Rustman

those prices seem extremely low to me. those are easily at least 20 grand tractors i would think. you find those on tractor house? that first one is a TLB. tractor loader backhoe, if it is anything like the one deere makes i would say it is in the 40-50hp range. they are a little different than a regular compact tractor with a loader and backhoe, more construction site oriented

Last edited:
TimeBomb,I sort of was thinking that myself about the prices.I am on the Buy and Sell and anything from 2004 to 2007 is running at$3200 to $3800.The odd one is $4500. Now a few of them actually post the Serial #.Is there a way to check the number with Kubota and find out who it was sold to and then compare with the seller?? Don't want to get taken in on a scam..like having the Police coming to my door and arresting me for possession of stolen property. Weird stuff or what,but every tractor on there can't be illegal even if the prices are lower among most of them...... #$%&*

This is some of the tractors and prices from the Buy and Sell

Buysell.com Home Current Region: Manitoba
Kubota tractor Refine Search
Categories
Farm Tractors (24)
Heavy Duty Equipment & Machinery (3)
Lawn & Garden Tractors (2)
Cities
winnipeg (16)
oakville (2)
calgary (1)
edmonton (1)
hamilton (1)
keewatin (1)
mississauga (1)

Searching Kubota tractor
29 Results for: "Kubota tractor" Post ad in this category
KUBOTA
2006 KUBOTA L39 F 2006 Kubota L39 F laoder Backhoe Tractor 2006 Kubota L39 4 wheel drive Front laoder / Backhoe more... $3,600.00 June 04
KUBOTA
2006 KUBOTA L39 F 2006 Kubota L39 F laoder Backhoe Tractor 2006 Kubota L39 4 wheel drive Front laoder / Backhoe more... $3,600.00 June 01
KUBOTA
KUBOTA B20 BACKHOE HYDRO DIESEL 4X4 FOR SALE IS A CONSTRUCTION GRADE KUBOTA TRACTOR LOADER BACKHOE.TRACTOR IS A more... $3,500.00 June 01
KUBOTA
2006 KUBOTA B7800 TRACTOR The unit is very clean and straight with R1 trires that are in excellent condition. It more... $5,200.00 June 01
KUBOTA
2004 KUBOTA 3430HSTC AIR conditioned cab tractor with only 314 hours in excellent condition, used very lightly more... $3,900.00 June 01

KUBOTA
2007 KUBOTA L5240 HST Tractor 4x4 $ 3.800 Kubota L5240 HST Tractor 4x4 LA854 Loader BH90 Backhoe $ 3.800 Make: Kubota more... $3,800.00 May 31
KUBOTA
2006 KUBOTA L39 F 2006 Kubota L39 F laoder Backhoe Tractor 2006 Kubota L39 4 wheel drive Front laoder / Backhoe more... $3,600.00 May 31
KUBOTA
2008 KUBOTA B 2920 HSD Tractor,4wd, 29 hp, R-4 tires, 3-Range hydrostatic, LA364 Loader w/ 50" bucket, grille guard more... $4,500.00 May 30
KUBOTA
2006 KUBOTA L39 F 2006 Kubota L39 F laoder Backhoe Tractor 2006 Kubota L39 4 wheel drive Front laoder / Backhoe more... $3,600.00 May 28
WITH
WITH THIS MACHINE YOU can do everything you want to do around the house or farm. It is a Kubota BX23 tractor loader more... $5,500.00 May 25
KUBOTA
2004 KUBOTA TRACTOR. Model L3130 GST Four wheel drive. Features include: LA 513 Loader attachment, Woods more... $2,900.00 May 24
KUBOTA
2008 KUBOTA B 2920 HSD Tractor,4wd, 29 hp, R-4 tires, 3-Range hydrostatic, LA364 Loader w/ 50" bucket, grille guard more... $4,500.00 May 24
VERY
VERY NICE CLEAN KUBOTA B7800 4x4 tractor with loader, box blade, cutter and standard duty trailer. Tractor has more... $4,300.00 May 21
MAKE
MAKE: KUBOTA FUEL: Diesel Model: B2400 Engine Cylinders: 3 Model Year: 2005 Engine HP: 24 Hours: 129 more... $2,850.00 May 17
HOURS
HOURS: 935 FUEL: DIESEL ENGINE HP: 30 Model: L3130 GST Engine Cylinders: 3 Transmission Type: Power Shift 2004 more... $4,500.00 May 15
KUBOTA
2007 KUBOTA L5240 HST Tractor 4x4 $ 3.800 Kubota L5240 HST Tractor 4x4 LA854 Loader BH90 Backhoe $ 3.800 Make: Kubota more... $3,800.00 May 13
KUBOTA
2008 KUBOTA B 2920 HSD Tractor,4wd, 29 hp, R-4 tires, 3-Range hydrostatic, LA364 Loader w/ 50" bucket, grille guard more... $4,500.00 May 13
MAKE
MAKE: KUBOTA FUEL: Diesel Model: B2400 Engine Cylinders: 3 Model Year: 2005 Engine HP: 24 Hours: 129 more... $4,500.00 May 12
HOURS
HOURS: 935 FUEL: DIESEL ENGINE HP: 30 Model: L3130 GST Engine Cylinders: 3 Transmission Type: Power Shift 2004 more... $4,500.00 May 10
KUBOTA
KUBOTA B21 TRACTOR LOADER Backhoe TL421 Loader BT751 Backhoe 4X4 Wheel Drive Only 98 Hours **Lightly Used** R-4 more... $4,200.00 May 08
KUBOTA
2007 KUBOTA L3240 DIESEL LOADER 4x4 TRACTOR ie- L3400 L3130 Excellent 2007 KUBOTA L3240 Tractor with #LA514 KUBOTA more... $3,400.00 May 07
HOURS
HOURS: 935 FUEL: DIESEL ENGINE HP: 30 Model: L3130 GST Engine Cylinders: 3 Transmission Type: Power Shift 2004 more... $4,500.00 May 06
KIOTI
2008 KIOTI DK35SE WITH only 75 hours, save thousands over new. Very similar to a Grand L Kubota in style, features more... $3,700.00 May 02
lawn tractor
2006 KUBOTA BX 1500 compact utility tractor' 48" mower 3pt. hitch MFWD 380 HRS. Good Condition $7500.00 OBO. Will more... $7,500.00 April 29
KUBOTA
2002 KUBOTA BX2200 DIESEL 22 Horse Power 3 cylinder two speed hydrostatic transmission, four wheel drive Category more... $2,500.00 April 29

Ads by Google

New Holland Farm Tractors
Find 1000s of New Holland Tractors For Sale On MarketBook.ca!
www.MarketBook.ca

Need a Lawn Tractor?
Great Brands at Great Prices. Look for our Latest Offers & Promotions.
HomeDepot.ca

Kubota Tractors
Compare Kubota Tractors & save up to 50%. Visit us now!
www.best-price.com/Kubota+Tractors

1 2 N About Us | Post an Ad | Advanced Browse | Send This Page | Advertise with Us | Feedback | Legal & Privacy | Disclaimer
AutoTrader.ca | HomeTrader.ca | LesPAC.com | RedFlagDeals.com | Canada411.ca | Trader Careers

BuySell.com™ is the right way to buy or sell online in Manitoba – we reach buyers and sellers in Winnipeg, Brandon, Winkler, Steinbach and all points between. We have thousands of items for sale including cars & trucks, motorcycles, sports equipment, home reno supplies, and musical instruments, with more items being added every day!

Have a question about BuySell.com™ or want to place a print ad in the Manitoba Buy & Sell™? Call us at 949-6400 or 1-800-665-6658.
© 2010 Trader Corporation. All right reserved Buy & Sell and BuySell.com™ are registered trademarks of Trader Corporation

BuySell.com™ by Region: BC | Alberta – Calgary | Alberta – Edmonton | Saskatchewan | Manitoba | Ontario – GTA | Ontario – Barrie & Central | Ontario – Southwest | Ontario – Eastern | Ontario – Northern | New Brunswick | Nova Scotia | Newfoundland | PEI

that is strange. maybe it is like a auction? those are starting bids. seems odd those prices are so low. i know for a fact they are worth alot more than that

Well now I think most are scams.Don't know why they were allowed to advertise on Buy and Sell...so many of them yet.Got 1 e-mail reply back...sense a scam here.Guy says he has moved to the USA.Tractor is stored at a storage company and can be shipped anywhere.Then he says we could deal thru e-bay and he wants my name and address and wants to go ahead with the sale.Said he got tractor as a gift from his father and doesn't need it and kept the price low to sell. WOW! What the hell does he think I am that stupid.Man what has the world come to when guys like this are setting us potenial buyers as suckers.If I cannot see it personally,and he told me the title is clear. Probably wants me to sendc him the money and goodbye money for me.Wander why so much of this is out there.Had that happen with a Yamaha V-max last season also..guy stole one of our members pics and wording and posted it in Winnipeg Kijiji.Same thing..he wanted to go thru e-bay for money transfer.....WHAT GIVES HERE!!!
I went ot one of the Rural dealers out here and he is selling a Kubota for around $19,000.00 So I know something does not smell right.Damn and I thought I would pu a great deal on the Kubota,but now realize they are not cheap.... #$%&* :o|

here is the e-mail

kubota‏
You may not know this sender.Mark as safe|Mark as junk
Sent: June 6, 2010 4:25:27 PM
To: bluemonster156@hotmail.com

Hello,
My 2006 Kubota L39 F is like new there is no engine problems and the title is clear.The price is $3600 is firm cause is already low.I put this reasonable price cause I currently moved to US and I don't need it anymore.I'm not much into tractors cause this tractor belonged to my father and he gave it to me as a gift so I don't need it now.The tractor its still in Canada located at a shipping company in Terrace town and I can ship it anywhere so that wont be a problem.We will use eBay`s protection program for our safety.I just need your full name and address so I can open a case.(with no further obligation or fees).
Have a nice day.
Nataly

Back