Looking for a Kubota...need some advice

All those tractor prices are fishy. they are either starting bids for an auction or they are SCAMS. Any time item is at a shipping company or you can't look at it/ pick it up yourself, it's a scam. I mean why would somebody want to go through ebay or something rather than getting cash in hand at time of pick-up. For what you want you will spen between 8,500 to 20,000 dollars, depending on hours & condition. There is usually some older Ford tractors in the Auto-trader for around $8,500.00, But that's here in Mi. Good luck & do NOT buy a $3,600.00 tractor & hope it shows up on your doorstep, you will be very disappointed.

would never do that.Big ticket items have to be selling locally for me and has to be seen personally also.Do these guys think people are crazy enough to fall for their tricks..jeepers...some of these losers need a good beat down...
I should play along with the guy and ask him for his fathers phone number.Then I should mention that I am a Lawyer and work closely with the Police in the Fraud department...think he would vanish then!! lol

bluemonster1 said:
would never do that.Big ticket items have to be selling locally for me and has to be seen personally also.Do these guys think people are crazy enough to fall for their tricks..jeepers...some of these losers need a good beat down...
I should play along with the guy and ask him for his fathers phone number.Then I should mention that I am a Lawyer and work closely with the Police in the Fraud department...think he would vanish then!! lol

Don't bother replying to these ads, cause they're only looking for your e-mail address. Gotta love SCAMMERS!! Any used Kubota newer than 2000 with a loader and a backhoe for under $10,000 I would find fishy. If your looking for a good 30 horse Kubota look for a B7800 or a newer B3030, but be ready for a $15k plus price tag.

latest one

I was checking out another Kubota and this one is a 1999 and low price of $2950.Sent an e-mail to the seller and this is what I got back.What do you make of it? How can they afford to ship it to my place,allow me 5 days to inspect it and if refused..they pay shipping back.What is the scam here???

Read it..

1999 Kubota B2100 - CAD $ 2950‏
From: domeniuclaw3@gmail.com on behalf of Johanna Paz (Johanna-paz@comcast.net)
You may not know this sender.Mark as safe|Mark as junk
Sent: July 3, 2010 5:49:31 PM
To: bluemonster156@hotmail.com

Hello,

My unit it's in perfect condition without any mechanical problems, no damages or hidden defects, no need for additional repairs, clear title without any accidents. I have all the unit manuals, all the documents and papers. It was always garaged and the price is CAD $2,950.

I`m a single mother with 2 children because i divorced with my husband and after the divorce i own this unit, i don`t need it and that`s why i`m selling it so cheap.

My unit is at the shipping company in Hamilton,Ontario.
Because I always use 100% safe methods, I tried to stop the listing on Buysell and I've sent the unit through eBay Vehicle Protection Program to a buyer from Halifax Nova Scotia. I paid all the shipping fees from my unit and when eBay requested the payment to be made, the buyer refused to pay because he didn't had full amount. Now I have the unit in eBay's hands and it's ready to be delivered to the next buyer.
I will use eBay`s protection program for our safety because I am affiliated there with a
protection account of $20000.I will send you the unit and you have 5 days inspection
period,before you decide to buy it.If for any reason you reject the unit I will pay the
shipping back to my location.The unit will be delivered at your home address full registered in your state and under your name.
Here is how it will work:
1. First of all I will need the following details from you:
* Full Name,
* Full Shipping Address (First name,Last name,Shipping Address,City,Postal Code),
* Phone number.

I will get everything started immediately.
PLEASE DO NOT REPLY to this e-Mail if you don't have the amount available, or if you don't intend to be serious.

P.S. Please don`t forget to send me your info!

Best Regards !
Daiana Hunson :)

I know,but how do these scammers expect someone to pay them? If I look at Buy and Sell throughout Canada,many of the ads are identical..from Vancouver to Ontario..same ads.How are they making their money,I am sure no one is going for such a line as they give them.One ad as example here in Winnipeg is for a 2006 Kubota with tons of accessories,,bucket,backhoe,blade,mower,forks..for like $3600.It says Winnipeg on the ad.Then I check Vancouvers Buy and Sell and same tractor and ad is there..but states Vancouver on it.Why are they allowed to do this and why the hell doesn't the Buy and Sell catch on to this and vanish them.Normally that tractor would sell for around $18,000 and up.Do they think people are that stupid to jump on board and buy their tractor.Yet it states they have clear title and papers..so can't figure what they are trying to pull here. :o|

Anything that contains:
Recently divorced, widowed, or serving in Iraq

is 100% scam. Track the IP origination and most come from Africa or Russia. It's pretty sad when you write in broken english.

The scam usually works 3 ways.

When you are actually dumb enough to send the money, they either request it to be sent via a method that once the money is sent, they is no turning back. Like Western Union, money order, or the like. Money sent and gone forever.

Or they request it by business or personal check.

They simply look at the check. This is why I haven't written 10 checks in 10 years. Pretty much all of the information you need is on the check. Name, phone, address, checking account number, name of the bank, routing number.

Now I have enough information to have 1 of the 1000 poverty stricken peasants in my network taking your information and go fishing with it all day until they've exhausted all avenues or drained all of your accounts.

They seem to be going at it easy. Just the basics. Names, full address, phone number. Seems pretty basic on the outside until you think about it.

It took 3 seconds to figure out your name, email, and birthday. If you sent them your address and phone number, how long would it take someone with forever to figure out the rest?

Call your utility company. Only give them your name, addess and phone. Then see how long it takes you to talk them into mailing your bill to your sisters (different last name) because you'll be working out of town for 9 months and you want to make sure the bill gets paid on time.

How about a credit card company or your mortgage company? I'm not sure about Canada, but if you get a hold of some billing information you can get a persons last 4 of thier social secuity number. Big deal right. Well I know the year you were born all I need it the city you were born in and I can figure out the first 3 numbers. That only leaves 99 combinations for the 2 in the middle. You can make 99 phone calls in a week.

Heck with some manipulative sweet conversation you could probably get someone to tell you in less than 10 calls. What do you think?

"Say I think you guys have my ss# listed wrong. Do you have 123-xx-6789?(you really say 123-45-6789)" Customer service "No, that's not what we have shown?" you "really?...what do you have?" since you got 6 or 7 numbers correct who would think you're not the right person and just give up the correct number thinking your telling them which ones are wrong.

It's a sick world and there is no free lunch.

Back