What do you do for living?

I cut grass in the summer and do do some wrenching and do a lot of scrapping. Some say that's not a real job but everything I have is paid for. I've even had some tell me scrapping us easy until they go with me and break their backs for a couple bucks on a hottt day.
My goal is to one day open my own sled shop or restaurant or both.
I like todtanic's idea for the "boob n lube" but I would also add a car wash....

I used to work at a small fabricating shop that got pretty good size in my 16 years there. We made just about everything. I did a lot of decorative hand railing, a lot of piping including pipe inside of pipe which was pretty cool, and countless other projects. I tried to get in the pipefitters local 597 but I screwed the interview up. The questions were more geared toward people that just got out of high school and that threw me off. Questions about getting along with teachers and weird stuff like that. Who didn't get along with some teachers. Anyway. Now I work for myself. Mostly working with stainless steel which I like because it is a lot cleaner. I do a lot of work for a company that builds lines for liquid filling machines.

Last edited:
Last edited:
drill ad.jpgElectrican for 18 years(NWT diamond mines construction of ekati and snaplake,oil sands projects in alberta,IBEW for the last 8 years with gas/oil projects near home),also spent 3 years owned/operating a JKS boyles winkie drill doing exploration work on a family owned property.At the time 2002-2005 we were the only company in newfoundland(or maybe atlantic Canada?) to hold mineral claims with our own drilling abilities.Guy who invented this drill was a mechanical genius http://www.vibracorer.com/Fred_Wink.html

Last edited:
I've been welding/fabricating for the last 8 years. Build paper machines for Voith. Also run a CNC burn table, do some PTA hard facing and ocaissionally sweep the floor.

If if you've never saw a paper machine, they are quite large.
8D9F1212-E03F-4432-BE2C-811793731897_zpsp6l99fbv.jpg

Last edited:
Maintenance manger for flavoring company. But for about 8 months I have been a test dummy for the surgery department .
39ef3abd81287313e752d09a3753bd11.jpg
f6c01006679bb0b164c1a48dd277b2f0.jpg
568ed934925919591631b58edb070c82.jpg
fef64713b419a81de2f3fa193ab55b4f.jpg
9b49c9a3f7bd52153a523787ca1749df.jpg

Sent from my iPhone

Only ever worked in a garage. Currently back in school to become a welder then onto a welding engineer tech after. If all goes to plan anyways... Found out theres alot of guys older than me there. Goes to show its never to late to change your line of work.

CNC machinist / CNC programmer. I started out sweeping floors in a local machine shop while in high school 12 years ago and am now the shops head CNC machinist/programmer.

Wow looking back in this thread I posted back in 2010 as employed bu the military.....I have since moved on and was hired in 2011 by the new hampshire state troopers. About a year and a half ago I changed jobs again to wor for my home town police department as a full time officer. Rewarding job for sure, but definitely difficult with the current populace opinion of us haha

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk

I've been welding/fabricating for the last 8 years. Build paper machines for Voith. Also run a CNC burn table, do some PTA hard facing and ocaissionally sweep the floor.

If if you've never saw a paper machine, they are quite large.
8D9F1212-E03F-4432-BE2C-811793731897_zpsp6l99fbv.jpg
I'm still in the pipefitters Union as I was in my origional post.

I've spent a lot of time crawling through those paper machines

I own a granite and quartz countertop shop, we also sell headstones.
Also am a realtor and have some rental property.

Back