Drag sled build up

O ya I am letting it cool and yes it is moving coolant at idel my have just over looked a bad gasket but now I will check flatness of head

is it leaking to the outside or ingesting it into the engine?

lay a machinist straight edge on the head. then lay it acorss the tops of the cylinders and see if all the cylinders are sitting the same heigth.

As far as I can tell its just putting comp in the water jackets. I have a mechienist block at work gonna put a lite spay paint and sand it on there to check strightness.

check your piston wash, you might need more fuel. with that motor in 660' you should be running a 6.2-6.4 time, don't worry about your speed, your ET's is what counts in drag racing. just my 2 cent's worth of what mine run'sgood luck!

I would love to see mid 6s. But I think I am to heavy for it. It has run 7.2 in 660. But I pulled in shed tonight it is burning a little anti freeze. So I guess the head is warped.

Ending up wiping out a piston do to having broken studs fixed one hole was stripped and would not hold head down got it going have not been able to run on timers again looks like she will be a back yard warrior from now on.

Last edited:
Well guess sled is gonna go in dif diraction. Turns out there is 2 drag race events in my area now that I have built sled. No one can afford insurance. So its gonna go into 1000ft speed setup. So heelclickers don't do much good now. Any setups any would offer up for speed runs would be great.

Ya it blows no more maine racing we have a group trying to keep/ get something going. Right now I just wanna do some heads up run what you brung goup of guys. U still in NY theres racing down there

clickers work fine for speed runs unless you have cut them. Though if you have a setup that works, leave it in the clutches on a shelf and use another set of clutches to start with. As soon as you switch over to radar, someone will start a drag.

Back when I ran my viper, it was grass, radar, then trail. the first two years sucked changing stuff, the third, I had different skid, clutches and carbs. Much easier

with all this ice, there will be alot of bootleg lake racing

I have a couple other set of uncut clickers. I also have some hauck weights seam to have good mph. Right now we are all about bootleg racing where ever we can find a spot.

I was going to try to get something started for Sunday mornings on Sabattus lake. I took the viper out for some test runs last Sunday and it was hard packed and fast out there

Make no since I know but we are going south to Hamilton pond near bar harbor sunday

how far do you guys normally travel to race?i live in berlin nh, and one of my buddys is setting up a big event for next year on jericho lake.we will have 660, and 1000 ft drags.theres gonna be oval track 3 and 4 wheeler racing also.we used to have it years ago, it was called heat on ice.berlin has become a atv town, and jericho park is gonna be where its at next year.we have been testing on head pond getting dialed in for next year.my buddys and i are having a blast on the pond testing.you guys should come test with us some weekend.let me know if your interested.

I might be interested depending what happens with work over the next few weeks. My sled right now is a trail sled. 1 1/4" track with trail studs so doesn't hook up on bare ice.

Sounds fun idk if we will find time to go take far south. I live 4 hr from nh. As it is I'll be going 2 hrs about from my house to place we are going

my sled is set up for trail too,but it goes good on the ice!!!if you guys get bored racing each other, then come on down.your the next contestant on the rpm is rite!!!

Back