Can -> Jetting?

Knotty Woodworker

Hi,
I'm planning on purchasing a MBRP can for my exhaust on my 2004 Yamaha Venom 600.

The MBRP website doesn't show one for my seld, but after contacting their customer support they said that the SXR 600/700 can will work on my Venom.

So, ...after I install the can, do I need to do some jetting? Or are these cans created/tested so no jetting is needed?

Thanks...

Knotty Woodworker said:
Hi,
I'm planning on purchasing a MBRP can for my exhaust on my 2004 Yamaha Venom 600.

The MBRP website doesn't show one for my seld, but after contacting their customer support they said that the SXR 600/700 can will work on my Venom.

So, ...after I install the can, do I need to do some jetting? Or are these cans created/tested so no jetting is needed?

Thanks...
Strap it in and enjoy the weight savings and cool sound that can throws out!;)!

I'm sure we have all read this, "5-10 HP gains with no clutching or jetting required" No clutching or jetting required typically means no real horsepower gains either.

Making sound,but no ground!

I was gonna get one for my viper but eveywhere i read said it would hurt my performance,so im staying stock.

I had to rejet. one size larger pilot jet. otherwise I had an awful hesistation off the line. sxr700, mbrp race can. sounds mean as all hell, and that's about it. little if any performance gain, but a nice drop in weight. if you want more performance, get tripple pipes. if you want to sound faster than you really are, get a can.

Back