BOWHUNTERS tune in!!

beekmanSRX

Maybe someone will chime in with related experiences.

I bought a Bowtech Destroyer 350 about 5 days ago. Awesome Bow. 4 days ago, the bow derailed. And when the strings jumped the cam, they bend the lip on the top of the cam where the string sits in. Now, I have been looking all over the Internet for information on this and it seems to be occurring (exactly how many occurrences, I have no idea) to other people as well. You can probably understand how shocked I was when my $$ bow did this a day after I bought it. The most common causes people give are:

the shooter is using his fingers to draw the bow

the shooter is "torquing" the bow

Inexperienced shooters using hi-tech bow(poor form, too much draw weight)

Design flaw on behalf of Bowtech

Flex-guard breaking

And the list does go on. I cannot really wrap my head around all the bickering going on at other archery forum sites so I just thought I would throw out some off-season discussion on this site. A site I know is always helpful.

Do you guys think I should be responsible for the cost of replacing the cams, cables and strings? Any help is appreciated.

Do ya think I will have a hard time getting my money back/swapping it for another bow? anyone heard of this happening to this specific model?

I'm not a bow guy, but if you aren't opposed to making a call to MN give this guy a ring. Try to talk to Brent if he's around. He's the owner and knows his stuff.

Beimert Outdoors

3385 State 210 SW
Pillager, MN 56473
218-746-4018

Cool thanks Ryan. Is he a retailer? You mean, he knows his stuff when it comes to my bow? or just in generally a good guy to talk to about the situation?

He's a retailer. I've got some friends and relatives that are pretty serious about their bows and that is where they do all there business now. I believe he's a bowtech dealer as well, but even if he's not he's going to know the skinny on any issues in the industry.

You should not be able to derail the cables or strings by hand torque alone. Di you dry fire it or have a limb hit something while shooting? As long as you didn't previously damage the bow, Bowtech should warranty it if it's new. I would contact their Tech Support directly, but they may ask you to go through the dealer.

Bowtech's customer service is top notch and they will do something for you. Check "Archery Talk.com" and see if this is happening to any more people. I shouldn't have sold my Guardian just yet, hey?

ya, Ding thats what i thought. called bowtech today. guy told me this happens to about 1 percent of D350 users so far. scary thing is it isn't evening hunting season yet. this is people shooting a target straight up and down in form. whats gonna happen when a hunter has to bend and twist in the stand to get a good shot? maybe 10 percent will derail? damn.... he told me it depends on the situation whether they will cover it or not. I REALLY hope they cover mine. thing was 20 hrs old

Forgot to mention I did not dry fire the bow. the arrow knock didn't even come off the string when she let go at full draw. the bow was still wound tight.

Archery Talk .com is where I have been reading a lot. There is a TON of b/s on that site and some really good people as well. There's been reports of this happening on there and people are rabid about this issue. Mostly haters. Others are really trying to figure out whats going on, so that is a good thing.

Guess we'll just see what happens in my case. Thanks.

A couple of bucks said:
Return policy ???

Haha ya well we will have to see if this thing is covered yet. (Replacement parts that is..)

Not sure what the policy is but the things brand spankin new. Very easy to get upset and cut the thing in half and throw it at em but thats not where I wanna end up. I should ask, how are the bucks in Illinois??? I see alot of monsters on t.v from there!!

Back