Got the sleds out of storage..BUT!!!

bluemonster1

LIFE MEMBER ONLY ONCE!!!
Got the sleds out of storage from shed to the garage.Took SRX cover off and noticed a million little foam pieces on top of the gas tank.Pisses me off.Took the handlebar pad off and much more of it and friggin 7 baby MICE!!!!.The mama made this mess,chewed thru some rubber on the gas and oil cable exposing the metal,that is all.
I expected the same on the SRX..but worse.Same damn mess under the pad,but no mice there.They chewed thru the brake light wires,bare.I will have to tape and repair this for sure..DAMN :o| #$%&* critters!!!!.Then I noticed a mouse in the engine compartment.There was a nest there to under the exhaust pipe area.Tried to get it,but couldn't.When I finally got the sled to the garage and unloaded,there was a small mouse on the trailer.So got the dog to attack it and KILL!!!..Blew the whole compartment out with air.Put trailer away and back into the garage I noticed another mouse along one wall new the door entrance to the house.Again got the dog and he liked it.About an hour later noticed a mice come out from under my Generator in the corner.Blocked off the path way ahead on both walls and pulled Generater.It was behind some stff up against wall,used compressed air to flush it out,it ran and then I couldn't see it another more... #$%&* Damn thing is still in there.I will set up some traps tonight.
I can't believe this,last year wasn't like this.I covered area with Frabic softener sheets,used moth balls everywhere and leave the radio on full time blasting rock music..but still they are there.
Next season I am removing the pads and air cleaner foam,even if if they didn't munch on the air cleaner foam.At least I plugged up the exhaust with a Tennis ball on all sleds.My stepson's v-max(uncovered ) wasn't touched for some reason.I wander if because they are covered ,mice like that dark and quiet areas.CHECK YOUR SLEDS GUYS!!!!!
Here are some picks of the foam,I wander if I can order new ones....

Attachments

• P9030101.JPG
    P9030101.JPG
    73.8 KB · Views: 127
  • P9030102.JPG
    P9030102.JPG
    66.2 KB · Views: 128
  • P9030103.JPG
    P9030103.JPG
    60.3 KB · Views: 127
Last edited:

nope no mice here I start mine every week, I think the mice are scared of the Hauck Growler Can LOL.

Man that sucks. I know im good on one as i uncovered the viper s to start working on my handle bar su. But know im going to check the other 2 for sure. I use steel wool in the exhause as mice cannot chew through this. Iv always used the dryer sheet trick too and never had problems but now i wonder. CCC

well I PUT dryer sheets everywhere on the sleds,running boards,air cleaner,in the trunk,on the seats,over handle bar,all over the engine.They even ate 1/4 sheet of the damn stuff..go figure.Got the wires fixed,they did a number on the SXR wiring.It was hard getting black tape into some short runs of wire,,but did it.I use a tennis ball in the exhaust.The damn engine compartment stinks of mouse...pee and crap I guess.The whole garage smells now..lol... :o|
How much you want for them pads SHAMARKEN,unless I can find some foam and cut it..but it is probably non absorbing type foam.I washed the bar covers good,they really stank......... #$%&*

got the wire chewing piece of crap!!!

didn't take long,knew he would be hungry,baited trap with yum yum CHEESE.He fell for it..lol

Attachments

• P9030104.JPG
    P9030104.JPG
    48.4 KB · Views: 109
  • P9030105.JPG
    P9030105.JPG
    64.5 KB · Views: 109
Hang that dead mouse on the wall as a message to the other varmits this is what you get if you mess with my sleds!

I went back to the shed today and uncovered the Pantera.WOW!!!The mice made a huge nest below the clutch.They chewed up about 6 by 10 inches of hood foam them pieces of crap.Sucked it up with vacuum. Sucked in a whole bunch of babies to.. ;)! ;)! Pisses me off.The V-max sitting there is not covered and no mice on it anywhere..go figure.Maybe covered sleds is just a nice haven for them,still can't believe it.I set up traps and poison now.Should of had that done as a regular thing,I will from now on... #$%&*

Last edited:
Doug,

My grandpa use to put this in the garage and sheds during spring summer and fall. never had any issues. not very expensive and good insurance.

Attachments

• mouse killer.JPG
    mouse killer.JPG
    27.5 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:
I don't seem to remember that Cat..
Tomseal..I will look for some good poison.My fault for not having anything there since spring.Traps will be loaded up everyday now.Probably caught a few tonight,will find out tomorrow.

Back