Purchasing 2001 SRX

bud4ya

I am new to the forum and have some quick questions. Last year I sold my 2002 SRX because I did not think I would ride much this year. My 02 was picked, silencer, Delta Force 3 Reeds, clutching and had 1400 miles (Mint). I sold it for $5K at the end of last year. It now hurts to know the 2001 I am purchasing is $4K with 2K miles. The sled is completely stock except 192 studs. The 01 is also in mint cond.

Does $4k sound like a reasonable deal on a 01 with 2K miles? I also want to know what upgrade is going to give me the most horsepower for my money (Track?). I do not know if I will spend the $1K to do silencer, clutching and reeds. Just do not want to have 5K into it and sell it next year for $3,500 and lose $1,500. I am assuming the sled will be worth $3,500 next year. My other option is to do the upgrades and keep it another year. Any thoughts? I am just concerned that in another year that the 01 may not be a competitive sled even with the upgrades to the new models out there.

Thanks in advance!

Thanks
So I guess $4k for a clean 01 SRX 700 is not that bad of a price

All depends on where you live, what time of year etc....I'm in NY and got mine in sept. , paid 3500 w/1700miles on it. I wouldn't say I stole it but thought I got a fair deal. :rockon:

I found this add in the bargain news, Not sure what a crotch kit is though :)

2002 YAMAHA SRX700 TRIPLE,
Excellent condition, 192 studs, crotch kit, reeds, $4000. (203) 988-5903 (4x) . New Haven,CT

I just bought an 01 with 184 miles for 4,000, like new, I was a polaris guy, but thought the deal sled was to good to pass up. Hope I was right.

I think u have made a wise choice choosing the SRX. When I switched over from Polarass I was beyond happy with the decision. Once we get some snow, and you get out on that SRX 700 with the tripples roarin you will realize why you chose the Blue Beauty.

MaximaFan :yam:

Back