EGT vs. Cylinder temp

Reefhog1

I've been reading a lot of posts on this site where poeple are concerned about overheating or cooking motors after doing engine mod's. I've seen several of them especially related to piping Vipers. I recently did some mod's to an '03 Viper (pipes, clutch, head gasket, etc.) and was wondering what would give more valuable information, cylinder head temp or EGT gauges. After reading all of the posts I'm not getting a little worried about overheating too. Just wondering what everyone's thoughts were.

Thanks

You can put both on , but i think that the EGT guages are more important, with the mod you have you wont to know your exaust temp so you don't melt it down

yea EGT's give a more precise measurement of exactly what is going on in each cylinder, that way you can stagger your jetting, needles, and pilots as needed too. Also give quicker feedback to changes that take place quickly

Thanks for the info, I appreciate your replies. Now I just need to justify it to my wife. Hopefully I can swing the Digitron. Thanks again.
:o|

Back