Trailing Arm attachment reinforcements?

Vmax Al

Anybody have a good source or idea for repairing/reinforcing the foot board area where the trailing arms attach?
While riding last year I found a culvert, the sled stopped, I didn't. The trailing arm buckled the tunnel at the rear pivot attachment. I was able to pound it flat again, but it is weak and deformed again on typical trails after a few hundred more miles. It is still rideable, but doesn't steer as well.
Any suggestions???

Sell it to me and get a new sled! Just and Idea!

Just kidding...well unless its a 700!

That area is just formed aluminum and you can modify it however if you have the means...aluminum is what I would use! Brent

Bender Racing makes a trailing arm brace kit. I had the same thing you described happen to me, although it was more of a dimple at the footwell. I pounded it back down, added the brace kit and also added Rox Treads to really stiffen the entire tunnel. I have a new Bender catalog and the brace kit is still in it, however they do not show it on their website. Here's the info:

Bender Racing, 585-937-6829. The part number is: TAB097. It retails for $44.95.

This coupled with the Roxs' really made for a solid alternative.

Jon

Your lucky day!

It is in fact a 700 and that sounds like a great idea!
I was hoping there might be some aftermarket brkts out there that I could rivet in place, thought I had heard of something like that but have been striking out in my search.
Al

Back